Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

8351 - noise after power off

lordofacid, muokattu 3 Vuodet sitten.

8351 - noise after power off

Youngling Viestejä: 6 Liittymispäivä: 27.8.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hello,

there is a problem with one of my 8351's: A few seconds after powering off one the loudspeakers, I hear a noise (like a hiss or crackling sound) from the HT/MT chassis that lasts for about two seconds. What can that be? Should I send the loudspeaker to service?

Thank you for your replys in advance.

Best regards,
Mike

RE: 8351 - noise after power off

Hello,

found on youtube a video from a guy who meets the same problem. Maybe this video makes it clear what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQqfXSvg6ZA

jani-oksanen, muokattu 3 Vuodet sitten.

Jedi Master Viestejä: 449 Liittymispäivä: 30.3.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to hear about the noise issue. Could you please contact us through service enquiry form below?

https://www.genelec.com/service-enquiry-form,

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support Team

Hi Jani,

many thanks for your reply! I will contact you through the form.

Best regards,

Mike

Hi Jani,

once again many thanks for you reply! I contacted the distrbutor in germany.

I'm very satisfied with the Genelec speakers (8351/8330)! They are by far the best speakers I ever had! And I had many during the last 30 to 35 years.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Mike

lukester, muokattu 3 Vuodet sitten.

Jedi Master Viestejä: 296 Liittymispäivä: 22.4.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Well, apparently you havent tried 1034 yet ;)

Hello,

the 8351 came back from service with the remark "repaired". But the noise is still there! This is REALLY annoying, because I don't have a car and a friend of mine brought the speaker to the shop and from there was shipped to the vendor (Audio Export).

I'm really upset, because I don't like to be cheated! The speaker isn't that cheap and I expect that the defect won't exist after repairing.

So, what to do?!

Best regard,
Mike

jani-oksanen, muokattu 3 Vuodet sitten.

Jedi Master Viestejä: 449 Liittymispäivä: 30.3.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear that. We are glad to help to get this sorted. Could you please contact us through service enquiry form below, and include a video of the problem, and we will get back to you shortly.

https://www.genelec.com/service-enquiry-form

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support Team