Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Properly placed and configured Sub adds amazing dimension :)

elsapo2001, muokattu 3 Vuodet sitten.

Properly placed and configured Sub adds amazing dimension :)

Youngling Viestejä: 19 Liittymispäivä: 3.10.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

I hear a lot of people are not big fans of Subwoofers I made the mistake of beliving this as well. I suspect most experienced out of phased setups or placed in poor locations and/or poorly treated rooms A Proper Sub installation means the Sub is invisible but it adds to the whole package.

Well today one of the rooms (room B) has been completed with proper room treatments etc.. (purchased the home next door and converting to a studio, moving everything to that location) A pair of Genelec 8030C and a 7050B. Speakers and sub chosen for the room size.

Everyone Jaws drop when they hear samples of some underscores, sound effects etc.. It is like the speakers and subs do not exist period, Its practically perfection in my book and cannot get any better than this.  What I love is the sonic subltle buildup that adds tension to a scene, one scene one of the guys literally jumped from the seat it felt so real and unexpected.

I few of the guys are now looking to swap monitors out :)

Now in a few days a pair of 8341s coming for the other room along with its subwoofer as well. I am looking forward to see how this delivers the organised sounds to the listener. :)

Genelec is on point with what they offer, I am super impressed so far. Every room is going to be Genelec, I can see why people get Addicted to Genelec I am up to 4 pairs right now. And now 4 Subs will be joining the party.

lukester, muokattu 3 Vuodet sitten.

RE: Properly placed and configured Sub adds amazing dimension :)

Jedi Master Viestejä: 296 Liittymispäivä: 22.4.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
i've got a pair of 1237s left over if your interested ;)