Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

8240 home hifi setup

villup, muokattu 3 Vuodet sitten.

8240 home hifi setup

Youngling Viestejä: 0 Liittymispäivä: 19.3.2019 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hi

I want to connet

- a digital piano with RCA output only

- a tv with hdmi output

- a pc and phone over wifi

to a pair of 8240 for stereo playback only so that i would have a simple switch for selecting the sound source and a knob for controlling volume. My hope is that this would cost less than 1000€.

I thought that in 2019 this would be a very simple thing but now after hours of searching my brain is exploding. If I convert everything to analog it would be easier but then I woudn't be using the high quality Genelec DACs? Perhaps I need a HDMI audio extractor, some kind of streamer and an adaptor from toslink to AES/EBU or something? And then a preamp with both analog and digital inputs and digital throughputs and volume control that would affect both analog and digital signals? Or some kind of digital mixer?

Do you have any simple solution?

chakshu, muokattu 3 Vuodet sitten.

RE: 8240 home hifi setup

Padawan Viestejä: 43 Liittymispäivä: 10.2.2014 Viimeisimmät viestit

I have been looking for a solution for this problem since they relesed GLM 3.0. beta. I havent gotten any replies so I have just given up. Just accept that you bought the wrong speakers and go completely analog. It will set your free!

hideout, muokattu 3 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 7 Liittymispäivä: 20.11.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi,I had a similar issue, I purchased a Sonos connect preamp wifi thing and a TC BMC-2. Feed Piano analog to BMC, Feed TV via optical out if possible,Feed PC and Phone to Sonos. Feed Sonos to TC via unbalanced spdif on RCA. The TC has proper DA section. I tried AES in to my 8250a and this and could hear zero difference. 
ensoniq, muokattu 3 Vuodet sitten.

Padawan Viestejä: 47 Liittymispäivä: 30.5.2015 Viimeisimmät viestit

I had simliar issues in my living room. So  I purchased a Yamaha CX5200 Preamp-Processor. Now I have everything under controll : TV, Apple MiniMac, Blueray Player, iPhone, Kawai Electric Piano (XLR), XBOX, wireless Musicserver ,  Apple TV.  

My Genelec Stereo and Surround Speakers are  connected with the analog outputs of the Preamp. The Genelecs are set to Max Volume and the Volume level is controlled by the Preamp Volume Remote contoll or  -even much better- by the Preamp App from Yamaha (Android and iOS).  It works perfectly and the sound is excellent. Sure thing was that  I have calibrated the Genelec  before connecting the Preamp.