Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

8050A 8050B pair stereo Image

soundshot, muokattu 3 Vuodet sitten.

8050A 8050B pair stereo Image

Youngling Viestejä: 3 Liittymispäivä: 18.4.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hi

I decided to upgrade my genelecs 8030 to 8050 in my studio. I bought one used 8050A and one new 8050B and somehow the stereo image they produce is very blurry, the phantom center is not that strong and there is no this depth  which i get with 8030 in the same place and the same room. 

What can be the reason? I know by characteristics 8050a and 8050b should be identical. 

Is it possible that the old used one has changed its characteristic so much that it doesnt match the new one? 

Or there is something to do with the room and the speaker size? The room is 4.20 x 2.40 x 2.40 (L W H). Both speaker system is in 1.20m from listening position. The room has acoustic treatment. I tried to move them around the room but somehow still the stereo image with 8030 is much more 3d. 

Should I send them for check and callibration?

Thanks

jani-oksanen, muokattu 3 Vuodet sitten.

RE: 8050A 8050B pair stereo Image

Jedi Master Viestejä: 449 Liittymispäivä: 30.3.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hello,

Have you checked the DIP-switches and volume level trimmer on back of the speakers, that they are set correctly?

Room and monitor placing also has huge impact on the sound of course, but if you suspect that the monitors doesn't play identically, you can contact your nearest distributor who can measure and calibrate them.

https://www.genelec.com/where-buy

https://www.genelec.com/sites/default/files/media/Studio%20monitors/Catalogues/monitor_setup_guide_2018_bbage125e.pdf

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support Team