Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Doubt on 7350A behavior

adrjork, muokattu 2 Vuodet sitten.

Doubt on 7350A behavior

Youngling Viestejä: 7 Liittymispäivä: 29.10.2015 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hi, newbie here.
I've just bought a wonderful 5.1 system based on 5x 8320 + 1x 7350,
but I have a couple of doubts (and 3 questions):

When I set OSX (Utility Audio) to 5.1, I can see/use all speakers and woofer. Otherwise, when I set Utility Audio to Stereo, I can see/use only 2 speakers (that's obvious because Stereo has 2 channels only).
But I'd like to add the subwoofer to the stereo setup (simply to compensate the lack of bass of the 8320s).
Now, since all my 6 channels go from the audio-card to the woofer (and then from the woofer to the 5 speakers), do you confirm that, even in a simple 2-channel stereo setup, the woofer works under-the-hood to compensate automatically the lack of bass of the speakers?
In other words, I wonder if physically passing through the woofer ALWAYS adds woofer's bass, even when I work in Audition creating a simple 2-channels stereo project (without woofer specification)?

GLM2 set the default crossover between woofer/speakers at 85Hz. Since my tiny studio is 6 mq (and the distance between me and the speakers is 90 cm), do you recommend 85Hz or less (75Hz or 65Hz)?

Which is the best channels order? 1. Front-L, 2. Front-C, 3. Front-R, 4. Rear-R, 5. Rear-L, 6. Sub. Or another order? Or it's not-relevant?

Thanks really a lot for your kind help.

jani-oksanen, muokattu 2 Vuodet sitten.

RE: Doubt on 7350A behavior

Jedi Master Viestejä: 449 Liittymispäivä: 30.3.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

I apologize for delay on replying to your post in our Forum. We have reached out to you by e-mail.

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
​​​​​​​Customer Support Team