Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Genelec F-one

ladida, muokattu 2 Vuodet sitten.

Genelec F-one

Youngling Viestejä: 0 Liittymispäivä: 4.11.2019 Viimeisimmät viestit

Bought a Genelec F-One for about one and half year ago. Just as the speakers Its of great quality and I like It very much. What I dont like Is the remote control that Is of very bad quality - not what you expect to get when you think you are paying up for quality. My remote control started falling apart some what In the first year and yesterday It completely broke. Now I will have to pay ~€100 for a new one, nice <90% profit margins there, really fun as a customer paying up for such low quality.

My warranty will most probably cover the broken remote control and that's not the point of this post - as an owner of both Genelec speakers and subwoofer I dont have a problem paying up for quality. The point are that selling low quality products with insanely high margins are eroding the perception of the Genelec brand for me as a customer. I had a very good perception beforehand but from now on I wont be as likely recommending Genelec products anymore.

So If you are going to sell expensive products, please at least make them better then worst.

jani-oksanen, muokattu 2 Vuodet sitten.

RE: Genelec F-one

Jedi Master Viestejä: 449 Liittymispäivä: 30.3.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Dear Ladida,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. The remote controller is always included on the F One & F Two subwoofers package, and it is only needed to be purchased seperately with the GLM if needed.

We had  some manufacturing troubles with the F One remote controllers, but we have improved their reliability quite much at our production, and also now the battery lasts almost 90% longer than on the older version.

As we are aware of the situation with the previous remote controller, we can replace faulty remote controllers made before the update free of charge, and we have been doing that for a while. I have reached to your e-mails regarding this directly, and if any other customer experience issue with the remote controller please fill a Service Enquiry format from link below, and we will get back to you shortly.

Our new subwoofers also have totally new design as well, and later GLM will also support this remote controller.

Please see picture of the latest design that is supplied with the F One (B) and F Two (B): https://www.genelec.com/sites/default/files/styles/product_gallery/public/media/f1_f2_remotes_0.jpg?itok=g1iH3Qak

We are deeply sorry about this, and I hope this does not affect to your opinion of Genelec quality in general. We keep following the feedbacks we get, and we also do our best to improve based on the feedbacks.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and we will do our best to help.

Best Regards,
​​​​​​​Jani Oksanen
​​​​​​​Customer Support Team