Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Single 7350 SAM in 2.1 + 5.1 (Digital and LFE inputs both used)

buhis, muokattu 2 Vuodet sitten.

Single 7350 SAM in 2.1 + 5.1 (Digital and LFE inputs both used)

Youngling Viestejä: 0 Liittymispäivä: 16.4.2020 Viimeisimmät viestit

I've been wondering if it would be possible to use one 7350 SAM subwoofer for my both setups. I've now 2 x 6010 + 5040 on my computer, and "normal" 5.1 home theater setup with Yamaha RX-A740 amplifier.

If I would replace my current Genelecs with 2 x 8320 SAM + 7350 SAM, would it be possible to use the subwoofer also for the home theater setup?

Could I to do the connections like following:

- PC SoundCard S/PDIF -> 7350 Digital input -> 7350 Analog outs L/R -> 8320 Analog inputs

- Yamaha RX-A470 LFE -> 7350 LFE input

Is it possible to do the GLM calibration for both setups?