Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Issue: Digital versus analogue input for 8331s.

dianecrowe04, muokattu 1 Vuosi sitten.

Issue: Digital versus analogue input for 8331s.

Youngling Viestejä: 1 Liittymispäivä: 20.6.2020 Viimeisimmät viestit

This stress sensor makes a determination of where you have stress points on your back. This information is then fed into the system's computer. These massage programs will be adjusted de son where your stress points are determined. Your stress points will actually light up on the LCD screen while the chair systematically attacked each point.

Another advanced feature of the Sanyo DR 7700 is if body shape sensor. The body shape sensor detects the position of your body in the chair. If you move during the massage, then this technology will adjust the massage to your new position in the chair.

Although the Sanyo DR 7700 massage chair has both the stress sensor and the body shape sensor, they tend to provide less therapeutic features than other massage chairs. We think it is important to have sensor technologies such as this but not at the expense of providing effective massage therapy.

One of the more important features of the Sanyo massage chair is its GK roller system. This GK roller system has the ability to provide a massage of the top of the shoulders. This is particularly effective and providing for relief of stiffness in the shoulder area.

So for stiff shoulders, you should try out the GK roller system. This is effective with its gripping massage. You can also apply kneading to the upper back which helps to loosen and relieve tightness in the shoulders and arms. Having extra degrees of movement with the rollers is certainly a good direction for Sanyo

clearsignal, muokattu 1 Vuosi sitten.

RE: Issue: Digital versus analogue input for 8331s.

Padawan Viestejä: 50 Liittymispäivä: 2.3.2018 Viimeisimmät viestit

I own 12 Genelec loudspeakers, among them 8331A x 2. From my experience, SAM monitors sound more natural and precise when fed over AES. Other people might disagree, but the fact you bypass the A/D associated with the analog, lends credence to the claim that AES yields a better sound.

I started with analog, using a respectable DAC, Benchmark DAC3. But I was never quite pleased. My ensuing AES journey took me through a few streamers and reclockers, during which I discovered that the “cleaner” the AES signal, the better the monitors perform. By “cleaner” I mean minimal jitter and phase noise.

Enjoy your monitors! In my mind, they are the best the “One Source” has to offer. especially if you mate them with a modest sub (7350/7360).

ensoniq, muokattu 1 Vuosi sitten.

RE: Issue: Digital versus analogue input for 8331s.

Padawan Viestejä: 47 Liittymispäivä: 30.5.2015 Viimeisimmät viestit

I'm in complete agreement with " clearsignal" . I own 8260, 8351 and 8331.
All of them benefit from AES.The sound image is tighter, more precise and with calibration audibly better than via a calibrated analogue connections.