Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

GLM volume controller

manjigo, muokattu 1 Vuosi sitten.

GLM volume controller

Youngling Viestejä: 5 Liittymispäivä: 15.12.2020 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hi!
I have just received my new pair of 8350apm and I love how they sound and look. I have set up GLM and everything is calibrated and ready, I calibrated the levels for SPL and it looks very handy with the volume slider inside of GLM software. But I dont like using the mouse all the time when adjusting levels.

Therefore I am wondering if it is possible to get the GLM volume controller (9310A) in the same dark grey (anthracite) as the monitors are? Or does it vome in black only?

Does anybody have a better solution, please share it with me. 

thank you! :)

/Magnus

glm
davidy, muokattu 1 Vuosi sitten.

RE: GLM volume controller

Youngling Viestejä: 14 Liittymispäivä: 8.5.2020 Viimeisimmät viestit

I just found out about this other GLM controller, available in black and white. I'm not sure if it's new or not, since I didn't find it when I looked a couple months ago: https://www.genelec.com/9101b-wireless-volume-controller

nachjos, muokattu 1 Vuosi sitten.

Padawan Viestejä: 41 Liittymispäivä: 21.10.2016 Viimeisimmät viestit

I use a Genelec 9101AM together with a GLM 3 Network Adapter for volume adjustment without running GLM Software, works perfect. The new remote control has arrow keys enable change of group presets when GLM 4 is running, that‘s an interesting option. But in my use case GLM 4 is not running, so the arrow keys are useless for my installation. Can someone (probably someone from Genelec) confirm my assumption?

antong, muokattu 1 Vuosi sitten.

Padawan Viestejä: 76 Liittymispäivä: 12.6.2020 Viimeisimmät viestit

@nachjos Unfortunately, group presets can be changed using arrow keys of wireless remote controller only when GLM is running. SAM monitors can have only one preset saved into the memory and therefore switching presets requires GLM software.

Anton,
Factory service team

antong, muokattu 1 Vuosi sitten.

Padawan Viestejä: 76 Liittymispäivä: 12.6.2020 Viimeisimmät viestit

@manjigo  Congratulations on your purchase!

9310A wired controller is available only in black. As Davidy and Nachjos said, our new 9101B wireless controller is also available to use with GLM. It comes in white and black colours.

Anton,
Factory service team