Keskusteluryhmät

Sonarworks good idea with The Ones?

slacknote, muokattu 6 Kuukautta sitten.

Sonarworks good idea with The Ones?

Youngling Viestejä: 3 Liittymispäivä: 31.7.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit

I have a set of 8341s tuned with GLM4 and I also used to profile them in Sonarwork's Reference4. I'm not sure if this is advisable, it it's not just say so.

It used to work fine, I also have a set of Yamaha HS7s and a Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro that I profiled in Reference4.

Then I got a free upgrade to Sonarwork's SoundID and I can't profile the Genelecs anymore. Any advice?

lukester, muokattu 6 Kuukautta sitten.

RE: Sonarworks good idea with The Ones?

Jedi Master Viestejä: 296 Liittymispäivä: 22.4.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit

You can do either. And you can adjust either to your liking.
Main difference between Sonarworks and GLM is, that Genelec doesn't boost any frequencies.
Boosting looses headroom and you can't fill a null in the room response anyway.
But you'll find people who'll prefer a bit of boosting and if you don't need all the headroom, that's fine too.
I only use GLM, I keep GLM profile as they are for my work setups, but will reduce what GLM does for pleasure systems, making them a bit phatter.

Metanomics, muokattu 1 Kuukausi sitten.

RE: Sonarworks good idea with The Ones?

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 7.8.2020 Viimeisimmät viestit

I personally find that with GLM 4 the treatment is 'flat enough' while still providing a sound that fills the space 'correctly' - when sonarworks is active, it puts all the sound into a more boxed area (less headroom i imagine) and it seems 'perceptually' flat, but there is no way what it's doing to boost frequencies is causing an accurate representation based on room dynamics... you can't create something out of nothing, all the parts of the audio are connected and boosting one area can falter another...