Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

8260A + W371A? Or 8260A + 7380A?

dartagnan, muokattu 7 Kuukautta sitten.

8260A + W371A? Or 8260A + 7380A?

Youngling Viestejä: 5 Liittymispäivä: 18.6.2013 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hello, I love the W371A concept and wonder if the benefits it brings to the table extend to the 8260A loudspeakers as much as they do to the 83__ series of products. 

Furthermore, how should I think about the potential benefit of adding a W371 system to my 8260As vs adding a pair of 7380A subwoofers? 

Please note that I am not interested in higher SPL, only in better quality of what I hear. I listen mid-field and listen to all genres of music, but with a heavy dose of house music. David Guetta’s system description on the Genelec website was very appealing to me :)

Thank you for your help,

costakis, muokattu 7 Kuukautta sitten.

RE: 8260A + W371A? Or 8260A + 7380A?

Padawan Viestejä: 76 Liittymispäivä: 13.2.2019 Viimeisimmät viestit

The W371 is not a simple sub, please read the operation manual: https://assets.ctfassets.net/4zjnzn055a4v/60ZPTblZ6SBzN2aWes0y3J/978b5d7edcafacf44ec7867f674a109a/W371A_operating_manual.pdf

In it it is written that:

"The W371A is not a simple traditional subwoofer. It is an adaptive low frequency loudspeaker system, offering much wider operating frequency range and much better envelopment than subwoofers. Using the W371A can preserve stereo imaging at the low frequencies".

Later:

"W371A works with Genelec 8341A, 8351B and 8361A coaxial “The Ones” threeway monitors, allowing ideal point-source monitoring also at large listening distances, outside the traditional nearfield monitoring range".

In my humble opinion, you should talk to a Genelec dealer. It seems that your monitors are not intending to collaborate with them. Then, the dealer could explain to you the operation and benefits from using them.