Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Storing Settings with GLM + 8351 + 9101-RC

klassikmann, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Storing Settings with GLM + 8351 + 9101-RC

Youngling Viestejä: 24 Liittymispäivä: 6.4.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello,

I'm a new customer with
- two 8351A (digitally connected),
- GLM 2.0 (updated to 2.2.0),
- Remote Control 9101A.

What I did:
1. I started as described in 2.2.0 Release Notes "For new users that are proceeding with first time installation of monitor systems":

- Connect the GLM adapter to computer and connect monitors and subwoofers to the GLM adapter.
- Launch GLM and create a system layout.
- Define a group.
- Skip Autocal and Autophase and save the setup (the main window will open).
- Double click on the monitor, subwoofer or Network Adapter icon in the GLM software main page to open the acoustic editor page
- Press “Update Firmware” – button.
- Wait until the device is back online.
- Repeat the process for all monitors on the GLM Network

2. I performed an AutoCal and saved the settings.
3. I performed "Store Current Group Settings at Full Level to SAM Monitors".
4. I exited the GLM-Software and exchanged the USB-connection to the GLM-Box through an USB power-supply. Volume level has to be controlled by the 9101A via the GLM-Box.

Question:
Are these steps sufficient to use the 8351 with the stored AutoCal-Settings but without the GLM-Software? Or do I have to set dip switch 1 of switch group 2 to "Stored"?

Thanks in advance

Herbert
jani-oksanen, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Storing Settings with GLM + 8351 + 9101-RC

Jedi Master Viestejä: 449 Liittymispäivä: 30.3.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi Herbert,

To store the AutoCal-settings for stand alone mode, it is needed to switch Stored DIP to ON-position. After that you have to store the settings to the monitors from the GLM.
klassikmann, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Storing Settings with GLM + 8351 + 9101-RC

Youngling Viestejä: 24 Liittymispäivä: 6.4.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello Jani,

To store the AutoCal-settings for stand alone mode, it is needed to switch Stored DIP to ON-position. After that you have to store the settings to the monitors from the GLM.

Thank you for the clarification. I'll test it later that evening.
(Better I had read the manual carefully before posting my question, namely chapter "Stand-Alone Operation".) ;)

Herbert