Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

8260+8330 doesn´t work as a setup when disconnected from GLM

ensoniq, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

8260+8330 doesn´t work as a setup when disconnected from GLM

Padawan Viestejä: 47 Liittymispäivä: 30.5.2015 Viimeisimmät viestit
I paired a surround group including 2x 8260 Front Speaker and 2 x 8330 as Rear Surround Satellites. I configured, calibrated and saved everything correct and stored this surround group setup under "current Monitor setup at current level to SAM Monitors" .

As long as I keep the GLM Box running directly with the PC everything works fine. But when I restart the whole group the next day (without the PC) for sure with the GLM usb Box activated and controlled by the remote control nothing works as expected. The 8330 are overall not going to work and the 8260 frontspeakers are running at -50 db max Level even when pressing the + button on the RC for a minute or so . :?

I have tried several times. I think there must be something wrong with the saving procedure "... at current level to SAM Monitors".. so that the group setting has not beeing saved proper as the monitor´s default setup .

I am totally lost and well.. I am frustrated too. Not sure if both Monitor lines are compatible with each other ?

Fact is that the group calibration parameters seems to be not transferred correctly to the whole group of monitors .

any ideas ? much appreciated
1038, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Re: 8260+8330 doesn´t work as a setup when disconnected from

Jedi Master Viestejä: 340 Liittymispäivä: 6.4.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
OK, so lets address these things one at a time.

Your 8260's when you store t current level, what is the current level? If it is -50, then that will be the maximum volume.

We have multiple pairs of 82XX and 83XX set up not in surround sound, but as multiple stereo pairs an don't have any issues.

For Genelec's benefit, you might want to tell us what OS you are using?

Steve, thank you ! see my latest respond , thanks again and I have to apologize my ignorance :roll:
manutal, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 180 Liittymispäivä: 25.4.2014 Viimeisimmät viestit
I think the problem is that the GLM 2.0 box doesnt activate after say one night. You would have to power up your computer so that the GLM 2.0 gets power and then start up the glm program in OS. Then you can shut down the glm software and your computer. Note that if you have ISS on then the monitors will shut down after chosen time, but they will power up again when a signal is present.
I have noticed the same thing. Have to power up the software even if everything should be "stored".. Running a 16ch digital setup.

Some have connected the GLM 2.0 box to a USB charger so that it always has power. Maybe that would be a solution?

Oh and btw. 1038 Steve is a pro :)

well yes, I have to commit- I guess the pre configuration of the volume set was my fault / by default ;-). thanks for your help Steve and. maNuta !
1038, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Jedi Master Viestejä: 340 Liittymispäivä: 6.4.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
As MaNutal states, the Network interface must be powered for volume control to work, so, if you don't want to use GLM, unplug the USB cable from your PC and power the adapter via a USB charger.

You must also make sure that the "Stored" switch is set to stored, it is the first switch on the left on the lower bank of dip switches.