Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Confused about 1030A dip switches

hlojo, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Confused about 1030A dip switches

Youngling Viestejä: 6 Liittymispäivä: 2.10.2016 Viimeisimmät viestit
Could someone explain how the dip switches on the 1030A work. I find the manual confusing. In the diagram it shows the bass tilt starting at 600hz, but in the instructions it says it's 100hz? Same with bass roll off, the diagram seems to say 50hz but the text says 100hz. Can someone explain what's actually going on with these switches and what they do? Thanks a lot! :D
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Confused about 1030A dip switches

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi,

The diagram has the actual measured frequency response curves so there you can actually see the effect. The text mentions only the so called center frequencies where the effect of the setting is at the maximum. Bass tilt starts to effect already at mid frequencies because it is meant to to compensate the wall loading effect. Bass roll-off affects only at the very low end of the response and it is meant to compensate the low bass boost which is typically caused by the standing waves.

Thankyou very much for responding. So I currently have a bump at 200-300hz in my listening position. The 1030As are about 25cm from the wall. Should I move them closer to the wall or use the bass tilt setting to try and remove this? Thanks again.

You have two options, either move the monitors closer to the wall and use bass tilt to balance the sound OR move them further away so that you don't need to use bass tilt (or use only little). You just have to test and listen which sounds the best. :)

Thanks. I also have a big dip at just over 1k. Do you think this is likely to be a desk reflection issue? (My room is quite well acoustically treated, by the way.)

It's really difficult to say without seeing any pictures of the setup and also frequency response measurements.

Here's the frequency breakdown.

Can you test of the dip gets better or worse if you raise up the loudspeakers further away from the desk? Could I see a picture of the setup?

Speakers back against wall. Dip still there! Still there when I lifted them 5cm too at forward position.

Thank you for the picture. It is clear now that it is a reflection from the desk.

OK, thankyou, I'll work on repositioning. Cheers.