Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Audio Over IP

kdewolf, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Audio Over IP

Youngling Viestejä: 3 Liittymispäivä: 30.7.2012 Viimeisimmät viestit
Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere but I am an owner of a pair of 8240a's and I read that the new 8430a work with Revenna. My question is will there be any sort of update to allow my 8240a's to also use Revenna or will there be some sort of upgrade path for me when you guys release a 8440a?
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Audio Over IP

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi,

8430A is a totally new and different product, there is no possibility to upgrade 8240A to support audio over IP.

http://www.genelec.com/studio-monitors/ ... io-monitor
brotheru, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 3 Liittymispäivä: 2.11.2016 Viimeisimmät viestit
Stay connected! I knew that audio over IP has proved itself to be the broadcast network infrastructure for radio and television, both today and into the future. As a consequence, increasing numbers of broadcasters are migrating to low-cost wired and wireless audio IP networks instead of older and more costly fixed linetechnologies such as ISDN, X.21 and POTS. :arrow: IP audio networks are more flexible, cheaper to upgrade and just as reliable as older network technologies. As a result, broadcasters using Tieline IP audio codecs are able to design and operate more adaptable audio networks with streamlined workflows and reduced operating costs.
dixita, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 5 Liittymispäivä: 4.4.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi .. How to upgrade 8240A to support audio over IP? Is there any solution.??
markus-kahelin, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 109 Liittymispäivä: 16.3.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi!

There are no upgrade options available for the speakers, only feasible solution is to use an external audio interface that has IP-audio to AES/EBU or analog conversion.