Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Help needed for G3 vs G4

industrial, muokattu 6 Vuodet sitten.

Help needed for G3 vs G4

Youngling Viestejä: 6 Liittymispäivä: 26.3.2016 Viimeisimmät viestit
I am looking for home audio in a room 20 feet by 16 feet in my small apartement.

I need small speakers and was looking at bookshelf speakers, but saw something on Myers Sound monitors and then saw Genelec and from a size and price standpoint I am most interested in the Genelec.

My background is Boston Acoustics and similar sounding speakers that audiophiles on a budget purchase. My last speakers were the Boston E70 with two 5.25 inch woofer coupled with 1.5 inch voice coil. For my purposes there was plenty of bass.

My music varies between rock, rap, but mostly industrial electronic music.

Realizing that opinions vary, has anyone listened to this type of music on Genelec and did it sound flat or alive to you?

I understand that best to listen to myself, but would not have that opportunity and hoping to glean some experience from others and make sure that I am not way off base.

The G3 is nice size for me but the woofer is quite small. How is the bass replication compare to G4. Is it require a subwoofer or can I listen to in smaller room and is OK?

Thank you for your help.

Daniel
manutal, muokattu 6 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Help needed for G3 vs G4

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 180 Liittymispäivä: 25.4.2014 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi!

I would go for the g4 if possible, have had them both. Dont get me wrong, both great speakers but if you like to listen to rap etc and you like the bass then go with the g4s. I would also add a Genelec subwoofer to the mix, maybe f2 or a 7050B-7060B.

-maNu

Thank you very much for your help.

I really appreciate it.
manutal, muokattu 6 Vuodet sitten.

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 180 Liittymispäivä: 25.4.2014 Viimeisimmät viestit
No problem man! Hope you like em, I sure do :)

So I went to Sam Ash in Tampa Florida USA and the Pro Audio Manager Loren let me listen to a pair of 8040b.

He plugged his iPhone in to the dac and I was blown away!

Loren saw me looking around and knew what I was looking for. He smiled and said, "there is no sub". I was blown away that the little 6.5 inch driver fed that much realistic bass!

It has been several decades since I was that impressed. This week I will call Loren and have Sam Ash order me a pair of the G4's as I need black.

You were right, really nice sound.