Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Sequence of AES connect with 8330x2+7350

meng, muokattu 6 Vuodet sitten.

Sequence of AES connect with 8330x2+7350

Padawan Viestejä: 27 Liittymispäivä: 17.12.2015 Viimeisimmät viestit
Is there any difference in these two ways?

I want to connect 8330x2 + 7350 with AES digital signal and GLM.

WAY ONE, INPUT - AES in 7350 AES out - AES in 8330left AES out - AES in 8330right

WAY TWO, INPUT - AES in 8330left AES out - AES in 8330right AES out - AES in 7350

THANKS.
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 6 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Sequence of AES connect with 8330x2+7350

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi,

There is no difference between these two. You can use either one which ever is most convenient for you. :)
aritk, muokattu 1 Vuosi sitten.

RE: Sequence of AES connect with 8330x2+7350

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 30.3.2021 Viimeisimmät viestit

GLM 4 operating manual advices to connect AES first to subwoofer and then to Monitor R -> Monitor L. Just to confirm does any connection order work with AES daisy chaining and can then handle subwoofer crossover frequency? This would give flexibility for cabling. 

aritk, muokattu 1 Vuosi sitten.

RE: Sequence of AES connect with 8330x2+7350

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 30.3.2021 Viimeisimmät viestit

Ok I just tried myself to connect in this order: 

interface OUT -> 8330 Monitor R => 8330 Monitor L -> 7350 Subwoofer

and it seems to work!