Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

8240a calibration question

asymetric, muokattu 8 Vuodet sitten.

8240a calibration question

Youngling Viestejä: 8 Liittymispäivä: 18.6.2014 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hey,
I just got brand new pair of 8240a with GLM.
After GLM automatic callibration I've got that:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nh5nbwrpcouptb/BASIC.jpg
As you can see in the picture, there is a low curve on high frequencies.
After that i do some shelve on HF and i've got that:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kw02p1bpmmry4ej/%2B%2B%2B.jpg
My question is: Which one is most appropriate for monitoring?
I'm asking becouse it is strange that GLM has not changed deficiencies on the high-frequency band.
I'm looking forward for some solution.
Faithfully, Artur
bourne, muokattu 8 Vuodet sitten.

Re: 8240a calibration question

Padawan Viestejä: 74 Liittymispäivä: 26.2.2014 Viimeisimmät viestit
The GML autocorrect feature does not touch frequencies above a certain threshold, I think it is 1.000 Hz.

Edit: as stated below, it is 2.000 Hz!

Good to know.. but.. is it good to get " reference sound" by "flating" the curve of room freq. response as I do? :?:
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 8 Vuodet sitten.

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi Arthur,

I would go forward with the first calibration, without using the shelving filter to boost the highs. This is because, as written next to the frequency response box, the response above ~6 kHz can be affected by various factors including the distance from the loudspeaker to the microphone, aiming of the loudspeaker etc. It should also be noted that no automatic optimization occurs above 2 kHz.

Hey,
Ikka, at the beggining thanks for response and your tip.
However, I would like to point out that the microphone was positioned perfectly at the milimitera. I would like to have a maximum reference sound in his studio ( the reason why i bought Genelec speakres), and that in the upper frequencies (> 6 kHz) reaching -4dB (even -5dB >17,5kHz) will not be a problem in "reference hearing"?
Best, Artur.