Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Have I fried my 1029A?

sandy-cooke, muokattu 8 Vuodet sitten.

Have I fried my 1029A?

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 17.2.2014 Viimeisimmät viestit
In my infinite stupidity I was trying to fix an infuriating hum and turned on one of my 1029A with the voltage selector set to 115V. I am in the UK. I now realise this was a bad decision as the speaker shows no signs of life. Both power leads work fine with the other speaker so should I assume that I have fried this one? And can anyone offer any advice in terms of having it repaired including a possible cost? Thanks, Sandy
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 8 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Have I fried my 1029A?

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi,

You have fried the mains fuse which can be replaced, but the speaker needs professional service. You should contact our UK distributor for more information. They will tell you the cost estimate, too.

Source Distribution Ltd
Unit 6, Pembroke Buildings Cumberland House Business Park, London, United Kingdom
T + 44 208 962 5080
F + 44 208 962 5050
W www.sourcedistribution.co.uk
E sales@sourcedistribution.co.uk
sandy-cooke, muokattu 8 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Have I fried my 1029A?

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 17.2.2014 Viimeisimmät viestit
I took it in today and the engineer replaced the fuse while I waited, solved my hum problem and charged me a grand total of £28. I am a very happy chappy! :mrgreen: