Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Is a Sub Required for DSP system?

jono, muokattu 9 Vuodet sitten.

Is a Sub Required for DSP system?

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 20.12.2012 Viimeisimmät viestit
have been looking at the 8040a's, and the 8050a's for my home studio... that was until a friend started telling me about the 8240a setup he had heard.

Im curious, Is a sub required for the dsp system to function properly. Or could I grab two 8240a's with the glm package?
digipete, muokattu 9 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Is a Sub Required for DSP system?

Padawan Viestejä: 99 Liittymispäivä: 18.6.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
All 82XX units are equipped with DSP and thus requires no SUB for that purpose.
They use the GLM package

The 8130A monitor also has AES/EBU digital input but has no DSP.
They require the SE7261A SUB to have DSP, and it will do it for itself and up to 8 8130A's.
They use the GLM.SE package.

Two 8240a's with GLM will work beautifully.

Enjoy
jono, muokattu 9 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Is a Sub Required for DSP system?

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 20.12.2012 Viimeisimmät viestit
thank you for clearing that up so quickly for me DigiPete :D

will be putting in an order for a pair in the next week here!