Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

7060a sub bypass question..!

musictech, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

7060a sub bypass question..!

Youngling Viestejä: 8 Liittymispäivä: 8.12.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
hi.i'm thinking to buy a genelec 7060a sub from genelec.i'd like to tell me -because this function is very important for me- what is the purpose of the 1/4'' jack bypass connector and 1092-400 bypass switch.
i know that others subs with remote bypass function can mute the sub and give a full range signal to the main speakers if the remote bypass switch is pressed.i need this function because i don't want to work all the time with the sub.i just want to check sometimes what's going on the lower freqs and then listen to my monitors (with full range signal),so i need the sub to have the function i mentioned.
could you please tell me if 7060a behaves like that??if not...which is the solution to mute the sub and give full range signal to the main speakers??thanks!
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Re: 7060a sub bypass question..!

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello,

yes it works just as described! :)
musictech, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 8 Liittymispäivä: 8.12.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
nice!!could you pleaSE also tell me if i can do it with a common on/off pedal (like a sustain pedal) connected to the bypass jack??
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

The wiring should be done so that all TRS/TS pins are connected when bypass needs to be enabled.
rick-cornish, muokattu 9 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 1 Liittymispäivä: 16.2.2013 Viimeisimmät viestit
Greetings.......
I own a 1092a sub and would like to purchase a bypass switch, but it appears that the 1092-400 is no longer available. Can you recommend a substitute?

Thank you.
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 9 Vuodet sitten.

Hi Rick,

Unfortunately we do not offer a substitute for the 1092-400. Perhaps you could find a used one or maybe build one yourself? Wiring should be done so that all TRS/TS pins are connected when bypass needs to be enabled.