Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Need help on how to hook up!

bassmoverz, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Need help on how to hook up!

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 23.10.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi Forum!

I got a Genelec 7050B Subwoofer, a pair of Genelec 8030A speakers, and an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra soundcard.

I need some serious help on how to hook them up correctly, as I haven't been able to hook them up myself for half a year now!! :[ I want to hook all of the products up to my pc.

Here's a link for the soundcard to see the different in/outputs: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/F ... Ultra.html

As far as I can tell you, I have got the sub up working, but there's still no sound coming from the speakers, probably because I'm not sure at all where to plug them in!

If you can help me by just telling me what cable and in/output I have to connect them, it'll mean everything! :)
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Need help on how to hook up!

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello,

You have two options which will work identically.

1) Connect a jack - XLR cable from M-Audio to each speaker's input connector. Then connect an XLR - XLR cable from each speaker's output connector to subwoofer's front left in and front right in connectors.

2) Connect a jack - XLR cable from M-Audio to subwoofer's front left in and front right in connectors. Then connect an XLR - XLR cable from subwoofer's front left out and front right out to each speaker's input connector.

In both cases remember to set the #2 dip switch ON (85 Hz bass roll-off) on both speakers.
bassmoverz, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Need help on how to hook up!

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 23.10.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello,

You have two options which will work identically.

1) Connect a jack - XLR cable from M-Audio to each speaker's input connector. Then connect an XLR - XLR cable from each speaker's output connector to subwoofer's front left in and front right in connectors.

2) Connect a jack - XLR cable from M-Audio to subwoofer's front left in and front right in connectors. Then connect an XLR - XLR cable from subwoofer's front left out and front right out to each speaker's input connector.

In both cases remember to set the #2 dip switch ON (85 Hz bass roll-off) on both speakers.

Thank you so much for the help, really helped me out! :)