Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

What Speaker Purchase with this setup ?

james-pond, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

What Speaker Purchase with this setup ?

Youngling Viestejä: 8 Liittymispäivä: 8.2.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
Dear Genelec.

I curently own x 2 8030a and x2 8020a

I only use the 8030a for work but am looking to purchase a sub and centre speaker so I can also watch movies in 5.1

I cant justify spending the money on the 7060b to my wife so am limited to purchasing the 7050b.

what centre speaker would you advise me to purchase to complement this setup another 8030a or 8020a?

I understand regarding the spl for the 7050b but I just want the sub to give me more of a punch when i watch my dvds etc its not for profesional monitoring or anything.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mr Pond
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Re: What Speaker Purchase with this setup ?

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi James,

The centre channel is the most important channel since it produces most of the dialogue. Its sound quality and SPL capability should match the left and right main speaker, so I would recommend 8030A.

When it comes to subwoofer selection, have you considered our new 5051A? It will offer slightly more performance than the 7050B and has a more suitable outlook for home environment.

Thanks Ilkka

I cant find any information to your new subwoofer could you send me the link?

Also will the sub deal with the crossovers between my 8030a like the 7050b?

Also what is the cost and dimensions of this sub

Kind Regards

James
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi James,

The 5051A will be available by the end of this year. Here you can find some information (only in Finnish, sorry): http://www.genelec.fi/ht/news/140/96/Li ... eyttoeoen/

Yes, it will handle the crossover between the main speakers and subwoofer.

Suggested retail price in Finland is 1200 EUR.

Dimensions: 305 mm (height) x 360 mm (diameter)

Many Thanks for your quick reply.

I will look into this when it is released.

Due to the nature of my room could this sub be flush mounted into a wall or would this advesley affect the sound.

Also would the SPL be enough for the 8030a in a 5.1 setup not just stereo?

Kind Regards

James