Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

GLM and OS Lion

congsu, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

GLM and OS Lion

Youngling Viestejä: 12 Liittymispäivä: 21.12.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi there,

just to prevent me from serious trouble: Is GLM running under OS Lion properly?
If not, when will there be an update?

Thanks!
kimmo, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Re: GLM and OS Lion

Youngling Viestejä: 9 Liittymispäivä: 8.8.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
I'm using GLM in OS Lion Server edition (64-bit) without any problem.

Kimmo
flyingfader, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 3 Liittymispäivä: 16.10.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi,
I'm kind of surprised,IIRC GLM needs rosetta. Did I missed something?
Cordialement
Serj
honeyshape, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 17 Liittymispäivä: 6.8.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Lion and GLMSE running fine for me.

Well guys, have you made a clean install for Lion or just an update from SL?
I had to reinstall my system with SL + 10.6.8 and GLM asked me for Rosetta.

I just updated SL without any problem.

Kimmo
yoyo, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 7 Liittymispäivä: 20.9.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
I am running GLM SE V 1.2.0 on MacOSX Lion. I downloaded the latest version 07.09.2011 from the Genelec website. The main GLM SE software runs fine but I am unable to recalibrate my system. When calculating the acoustical settings after the measurement is completed GLM SE will bring up the error message that the program "tekase" needs Rosetta to run which unfortunately is no longer included in Lion.
Updating the GLM SE to be compatible with Lion would be great, otherwise I won't be able to calibrate my system.
Regards
Hannes
dr-wu, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 6 Liittymispäivä: 11.5.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Any word from the developers about this?
Apple is already about to release 10.7.2 in a couple of weeks.
My main software apps and plugs already work.
Just waiting for Genelec so i can make the switch!
hachre, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Padawan Viestejä: 27 Liittymispäivä: 23.9.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
I went to ~/Library/Application Support/Genelec/GLM/DSPi and started 'tekase' and got a nice Console output of the Genelec Automated DSP Filter Optimization Algorithm, so I guess it works.

I am on Lion and using GLM 1.4.1.

I do not, however, own any Genelec DSP Hardware just yet ;)

Maybe it would help to delete the entire GLM folder and reinstall the newest GLM 1.4.1 for the guys who don't get it to work.

GLM is not GLM SE; I don't know if GLM works with my 7261A, but I don't think so

there is no such thing as a DSPi folder, only DSP without i in GLM SE

this is what I got:

Launch of "tekase" failed: the PowerPC architecture is no longer supported.
logout

Sucks... Maybe you can copy the tekase File from the GSM for use with the GSM.SE - but I have no clue if they are doing different things...

I tried to copy the DSPi Files of GLM 1.4.1 to the DSP Folder of my GLM SE 1.2.0. The console output now reads different, but still quits with an error (library couldn't be loaded). The AutoCal application's behavior is unchanged. It still quits with a tekase PowerPC is no longer supported.
Any other ideas?
1038, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Jedi Master Viestejä: 340 Liittymispäivä: 6.4.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
I have installed GLM 1.4.1 onto my new MacBook Pro. I did a clean install of Lion 10.7.1 from Disc then installed GLM, the software runs but the problem i have is that the "Acoustical Setup Wizzard" fails when trying to calibrate the input.

GLM simply sits there saying

uuInput Calibration...

The status bar is scrolling, unfortunately nothing else happens.

If i cancel out of the calibration window back to the main screen all functions and controls operate as usual.

Any ideas or help, i am new to Mac's :)

I guess the software is not fully compatible with Lion yet and there is nothing besides waiting for an update that you can do.

You could install Windows in Parallels and maybe run the GLM there for the functions that don't work yet in Lion as a workaround probably.

Hi,
I had to rig a new setup, every things went right up to the time I wanted to "Store Acoustiques settings to connected loudspeakers with current Master level" , the Rs speakers is a way lower than others spkrs: 59dBspl against 79.
Any clue?
I'm running Lion 10.7.1 (clean install) and GLM 1.4.1 and was asked to update the java machine.
Thx in advance
Serj

Actually I have exactly the same problem what Steve have. Software is running fine but I am unable to calibrate new setup with Autocal.

It would be nice to hear can you reproduce the problem in Iisalmi.

Kimmo

I have tried using GLM too by now on Lion and it plays the calibration tone from one speaker, then tries again playing it louder and then tells me it didn't hear anything. OR it tells me that the background noise is way too high for calibration. Works fine in Snow Leopard.

I don't know exactly how I did it but somehow I did. GLM 1.4.1 works for me under Lion now. I think the key is that X11 wasn't installed at first (the X11 install that the GLM Setup offers seems to do nothing).

-> I installed X11 from the Lion Installation Image (InstallESD.dmg -> Packages -> X11User.pkg)

Then I got across the "uuInput Calibration Problem" that others have reported, but had these weird other problems with the mic recording nothing or static that I mentioned previously.

Well all I can say is that it might have been an attached USB device that caused this... Now with just the GLM Interface attached and the Mic it works well.

Some hints on troubleshooting X11:
If you do "startx" in Terminal (start it via Spotlight) and you don't get an ugly X icon in the Dock after a few seconds then something with X11 is wrong and GLM won't work - you might be able to find some additional info by starting Console (via Spotlight). If it works when you do "sudo startx" and enter your password but does not work when you do just "startx" then you have to Repair Permissions and reboot.

So except for the X11 installation issues GLM 1.4.1 works fully on Lion!
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi all,

Here's what I have from our GLM development team.

At the moment we support the following operating systems:

GLM
-PPC Leopard
-Intel Leopard (fully Intel)
-SnowLeopard (fully Intel)

GLM.SE
-PPC Panther
-PPC Tiger
-Intel Tiger (algorithm runs with Rosetta)
-PPC Leopard
-Intel Leopard (algorithm runs with Rosetta)

GLM.SE upgrade to a fully Intel application is on its way.

GLM does have some problems with the X11, but upgrading the X11 has usually helped. Download upgrade from http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/Releases (10.7.1 and 2.6.3 has been tested to work well together). Do notice that you have to sign out and back in OR restart the computer in order for the new X11 to work correctly.

GLM for OS Lion is under development, and will be published during this year.

any news about the GLM SE Update for Lion?
digipete, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

No problemo

Padawan Viestejä: 99 Liittymispäivä: 18.6.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
I'm running full GLM 1.4.1 on OSX Lion 10.7.2 on a 5.1 system and I just re-calibrated with no problems.

GLM SE may be another matter.

Still no new Software? :(

GLM 1.4.2 available! :)

Supports OS Lion!

http://www.community.genelec.com/software/downloads/
1038, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Hi Ilkka,

I just thought i would let you know that GLM 1.4.2 is working on my MacBook Pro, i have just updated Lion to 10.7.3 then installed GLM 1.4.2 and all seems well.

My MacBook Pro is a 2011, 2.2Ghz i7, 15"

I have just noticed that XQuartz is now prompting me that a new version is available. Should i stick with 2.6.3 or update to 2.7.0?

Calibration now works again with 1.3.1 though I still have a problem which seems to have started with upgrading to Lion. My Mac looses connection to the GLM Network every 2-3 Minutes which results in a 3-4 second dropout (no sound over speakers). In most cases sound comes back but it also occured that after such a dropout only the sub kicked back in, but my 7260s stopped working. i had to restart GLM SE. Now with calibrating working again in Lion (1.3.1) I noticed that it looses connection and basically I can not get through a full calibration process. I can get about after the calculation of the settings, but then the 2-3 minutes are over and I get the report that my computer lost its connection again. Anyone else encountering those problems or is it only me? Maybe a hardware issue?

Hi,

I'm suspecting it might be a hardware or cabling issue. Have you tried with different USB cable (from Mac to GLM interface)?

Hi!
I tried a different USB Cable and a different CAT-5 Cable. Issue with dropouts remains.
As soon as I disconnect the Interface there are no more dropouts. Of course I can not control the volume, etc.
I still believe it all started with Lion. Wish I didn't upgrade. There is also no way to downgrade. I was looking for a tool to monitor my USB ports, but I wasn't lucky finding software online.
Regards

Hi,

Do you have a dealer nearby who you could visit? They could probably lend you an interface box.
nula, muokattu 9 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 1 Liittymispäivä: 12.6.2012 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi!
I tried a different USB Cable and a different CAT-5 Cable. Issue with dropouts remains.
As soon as I disconnect the Interface there are no more dropouts. Of course I can not control the volume, etc.
I still believe it all started with Lion. Wish I didn't upgrade. There is also no way to downgrade. I was looking for a tool to monitor my USB ports, but I wasn't lucky finding software online.
Regards

Still doesn't have software online for installing?
janne, muokattu 9 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 1 Liittymispäivä: 30.4.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
What about Mountain Lion? I'm planning to buy a new Macbook pro and mountain lion is the default. Any issues with GLM?

Janne
yoyo, muokattu 9 Vuodet sitten.

Mountain Lion seems a bit better, but still occasional drop outs. They happen less though. I noticed that a higher aprocessor/graphicsprocessor? load leads to more dropouts. Under normal conditions I am down to a drop out every ten minutes which is ok, still not perfect like before the lions. Good thing for music making I do not need a lot of graphic power :D but with occasional photo editing done on the machine while listening to music all those drop outs are annoying because they happen more frequent. I can live with that. From my point of view I would recommend upgrading to mountain lion if you are on lion. If you can live with snow leopard, stick with that.

New observation:
Seems to be a problem with the USB Connection to the Network Interface. Before the Dropouts the GLM SE Software looses it's connection leading to the dropout. A second later the software sees the speakers again. On a very rare occasion only the woofer will come back on, not the monitors. I guess I will have to try with another Genelec Network Interface Device. Does someone have an idea if those are sold separately or if there is the chance to borrow a test unit? I don't have a dealer close by who would have a spare system.
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 9 Vuodet sitten.

What about Mountain Lion? I'm planning to buy a new Macbook pro and mountain lion is the default. Any issues with GLM?

Janne

Hi Janne,

There are a few issues you should know, but what is most important - it works!

-X11 is not included in OSX installation package. The user needs to download it from XQuartz (http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/Releases). X11 version 2.7.2 or later should be used (Apple’s recommendation). A current version that is included in GLM package (2.6.2) won’t work.

-GLM installation cannot be started with default settings. If you try to install it you will get "GLM_SnowLeopard_Lion.mpkg can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer".
This can be solved at first step by enabling installations from unidentified developers. That can be enabled from OSX system preferences->Security&Privacy->Allow Applications downloaded from -> Anywhere.

Later we will update GLM package so that it is identified.
1038, muokattu 9 Vuodet sitten.

I can confirm no problems with Mountain Lion and GLM on my 2011 MacBook Pro.

I had to download the latest X11 as Ilkka pointed out, other than that, it was a smooth hassle free upgrade.
congsu, muokattu 9 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 12 Liittymispäivä: 21.12.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi,

I just moved to Mountain Lion altogether with a new MacPro.
Everything was installed from the scratch, including GLM.

GLM works fine, but AutoLink causes trouble with the system. If I don't quit it, the computer won't shut down. It will suddenly boot again, telling me then it had to be restarted due to a problem.

If I quit AutoLink before shutting down, this problem does not occur.

Furthermore, I used to have AutoLink in my startup-routine. But with Mountain Lion this does not work, if i put it in the Autostart-List I can't shut down the computer, in this case it won't shut down even if I quit the program before attempting to shut it down.

Anyone else here having this issue?

Btw, I have two other computer systems, one with Lion and one with Snow Leopard, with both operating systems everything works as expected.