Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

From here on...

qudos1977, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

From here on...

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 2.3.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello!
I have bought two 6010's and a 5040 for listening to music at home. For now I just hook up my iPod direct to the system, but I also use it when watching a movie or just tv. This have me changing betwen different sources and I would like to connect my sources to an amplifier of some sort. Kinda want something in between all my sources and the Genelec system. :)
So, how do I do this since I only have a mini jack in to the 5040...

Regards

Magnus
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Re: From here on...

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello Magnus,

You will need a device called an AV receiver/amplifier which allows you to connect all sorts of sources to it, which will then route the selected source to the outputs and further on to your speakers.

Look for a model equipped with so called pre amp outputs which are required when using active speakers.

Some models I could recommend:

Cambridge Audio Azur 650R
Denon AVR-2311
Harman/Kardon AVR 260
Marantz SR5005
NAD T747
Onkyo TX-NR708
Pioneer VSX-2020-K
Sony STR-DA2400ES
Yamaha RX-V667
qudos1977, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Re: From here on...

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 2.3.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
Thx alot for the reply, really helpful! Signal in to the 5040 is via 3.5 mm mini jack, is it possible to change that to RCA - RCA instead or can that damage the system in any way? Or where do I connect the mini jack on the receiver/amplifier?

Regards
Magnus