Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Speaker Config 5.1

james-pond, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Speaker Config 5.1

Youngling Viestejä: 8 Liittymispäivä: 8.2.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
Dear Sir or Madam

I currently own x2 8030a's and x2 8020a's.

I want a 5.1 setup so was considering purchasing another 8030a for the centre and then a sub either 7050b or 7060b.

My questions are
1. Is it ok to use the 8020a's as the rear surrounds.
2. Also is the larger 7060b compatible with the 8020a's
3. do you think this would be good setup?

I would love to have all 8030a's but just cant afford it at the moment ( maybe one day).
please let me kow your thoughts and advice.

Kind Regards
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Speaker Config 5.1

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello James,

This is an easy one, yes to all of your questions. :) For the sub I recommend the 7060B because it will meet the SPL requirements for a 5.1 system better than the 7050B which is too small subwoofer for this kind of system.
james-pond, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Speaker Config 5.1

Youngling Viestejä: 8 Liittymispäivä: 8.2.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
Thanks for your prompt reply :D