Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

8000 series dip switches vs Audyssey

toolman, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

8000 series dip switches vs Audyssey

Youngling Viestejä: 5 Liittymispäivä: 24.9.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
I have 3 x 8050A monitors as L-C-R and 3 x 8040A's as rear surrounds: my room is treated (walls & ceiling) and the front 3 speakers were calibrated by the Genelec rep. Since the initial calibration, I purchased the rear monitors and a new sound processor (Denon AVP) with built-in Audyssey MultEQ XT sound equalization software.

My question is: should I reset the 8050A dip switches back to the neutral position and run the Audyssey program or leave them set as they are and run it?

Thanks,

John
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Re: 8000 series dip switches vs Audyssey

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello John,

I would recommend trusting your own ears. Try these three different possible cases (write down the dip switch settings so that won't loose them):

1) System as it is now without the Audyssey calibration
2) System with the Audyssey calibration and dip switches enabled
3) System with the Audyssey calibration and dip switches disabled (disable the dip switches before running the Audussey calibration)
toolman, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Re: 8000 series dip switches vs Audyssey

Youngling Viestejä: 5 Liittymispäivä: 24.9.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Thanks Ilkka: by the way I am really enjoying the 8040's that you recommended for my surrounds - they are a huge upgrade from my previous speakers.

The combination of 8050A's and 8040A's certainly provides plenty of impact (SPL) in my open-ended home theatre room and incredible sound quality for music!

John