Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Which external soundcard USB perfect for Genelec 8240A?

avdk, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Which external soundcard USB perfect for Genelec 8240A?

Youngling Viestejä: 6 Liittymispäivä: 22.12.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi. Lately i have asked a lot of questions here, sorry for that. :)

Now the speakers are bought, but the next problem occures. My laptop sound card sucks. :(

I dont feel I get enough of the 8240a as I should.

So now I have been suggested that maybe I should buy an external usb sound card to my laptop pc.

I hope anybody in here can come with there advice to which external usb sound card to buy, that will make Genelec 8240A proud. :D

Thank you in forward for your help.

Best regards,

M.U.
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Which external soundcard USB perfect for Genelec 8240A?

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi,

How have you concluded that you don't get enough of the 8240As?

It may be your sound card but it maybe a lot of other things too.

There are a lot of good external USB sound cards out there, for example EMU 0404/0204/0202, CAKEWALK UA-25 EX CW, MOTU Microbook just to name a few.
avdk, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 6 Liittymispäivä: 22.12.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi :)

I think I used the wrong word. The 8240a play perfect. I mean WOW. You can just feel the power they have. lol

No matter how high I turn the volume and no matter what I listen to, it just plays effortless beautiful.

I can hear the music very much clearer now then I ever have could before. :)

What I ment with my previous post, was that 8240a deserves better sound card, then the one my laptop has in it. I dont know if it is possible, but maybe just maybe with a better quality external sound card, it would be better (if it is posible). :D

I have looked at the ones you mentioned, what do you think about this one, is this good enough for connecting to 8240a ?
http://www.m2tech.biz/hiFaceEVO.asp

Thank you very much for replying to my many and maybe silly questions. :D
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit

I have looked at the ones you mentioned, what do you think about this one, is this good enough for connecting to 8240a ?
http://www.m2tech.biz/hiFaceEVO.asp

Unfortunately I don't have any experience in that particular sound card, but it seems to has received quite positive reviews. Usually at this level it becomes more of a matter of taste than any clear technical or audible advantage.