Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Whats the MTBF for 1032A's?

poitiere, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Whats the MTBF for 1032A's?

Youngling Viestejä: 5 Liittymispäivä: 4.8.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
'cos I just had 2 blow on me like light bulbs (almost simultaneously!) after 10 years of moderate use.

When I say blow I mean like the fuse keeps blowing on power up, no other smoke or smell. When I say like a light bulb I mean you know just like that: working when switched off then Nada when switched on.

I sent an email to Genelec 2 days ago but no response. Does anyone know of a repair place in the SF area, it seems like its such a secret (as evidenced by other posts).

Pretty dissapointed 'cos normally speakers go when the cones go, amplifiers plod for years (no moving parts y'see) in contrast my 2 cambridge soundworks model 11's are still kicking after 20 years of heavy usage even in 3rd world countries with bad voltages, brownouts and power cuts and they only cost a fraction of these 1032A's . That Kloss guy was some dude.
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Whats the MTBF for 1032A's?

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello,

Sorry about the delay in replying to your email but there has been some problems with our mail server lately. We have now received your email and are acting accordingly. Your speakers will be serviced as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Well it appears it was fuse problems i.e. I had 1.6A for 230V not the required 3.15V for 115V. It seems a bass driver was Kaput but that's most likely due to rough handling in transit as they were operational before.

So it appears MTBF is at least 10Years.

I have finished checking all 16 of my 1032A which were all bought in 1999.
It appears I had 1 blown woofer and 1 tweeter. So not too bad for 10+ years.
Lets hope the next decades as generous.