Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Digidesign 192 I/0 Setup question

slutsomartist, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Digidesign 192 I/0 Setup question

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 12.5.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi everyone,

This is a Digi 192- Genelec 7261 digital surround setup question. I wonder how to set it up so I can run the old setup, the new setup and still have my inserts routed thru the 192 interface.

Plain Digidesign 192 interface (no extra outs), an analog d-sub in, one out and a new digtal in&out ditto.
In all 8 analog ins/outs + 8 digital ins/outs.

I used to have my main analog outs connected to the Analog 1-2 outputs. They're still there.
Now that I have 6 surround speakers connected the output 1-2 sends the signal to both analog and digital outputs 1-2.
I want my spring reverb (mono) and my Bricasti reverb (stereo) to be connected as inserts.
I've had the Spring reverb inserted on ch 6, the Bricasti on ch 7-8.
The Bricasti can be connected analogally (can you put it that way, sounds weird...) or digitally.
I also have 5, actually 7 channels running from different preamps. meaning 5 of them are hooked up to the interface but i'd like them all to if possible.
Any experts out there who canhelp me set it up?

/E

For the admin: I get a message that I don't have clearance to search among the threads. I'm not sure I get the point. Can my staus be changed somehow? It may be that the issue has been covered before.
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Digidesign 192 I/0 Setup question

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi everyone,

This is a Digi 192- Genelec 7261 digital surround setup question. I wonder how to set it up so I can run the old setup, the new setup and still have my inserts routed thru the 192 interface.

Plain Digidesign 192 interface (no extra outs), an analog d-sub in, one out and a new digtal in&out ditto.
In all 8 analog ins/outs + 8 digital ins/outs.

I used to have my main analog outs connected to the Analog 1-2 outputs. They're still there.
Now that I have 6 surround speakers connected the output 1-2 sends the signal to both analog and digital outputs 1-2.
I want my spring reverb (mono) and my Bricasti reverb (stereo) to be connected as inserts.
I've had the Spring reverb inserted on ch 6, the Bricasti on ch 7-8.
The Bricasti can be connected analogally (can you put it that way, sounds weird...) or digitally.
I also have 5, actually 7 channels running from different preamps. meaning 5 of them are hooked up to the interface but i'd like them all to if possible.
Any experts out there who canhelp me set it up?

Hello,

The following answer comes from our resident Digidesign expert, Mr. Anders Nyman.

Connect analog inputs on the 192 I/O as following:

- CH 1: To spring reverb output
- CH 2-8: To pre amp outputs, now possible to connect all 7

Connect analog outputs on the 192 I/O as following:

- CH 1: To spring reverb input

Connect the Digital AES/EBU inputs on the 192 I/O as following:

- CH 9-10: To Bricasti AES/EBU output (single XLR connector)

Connect the Digital AES/EBU outputs on the 192 I/O as following:

- CH 9-10: To Bricasti AES/EBU input (single XLR connector)
- CH 11-12: To input 1 on the 7261A sub
- CH 13-14: To input 2 on the 7261A sub
- CH 15-16: To input 4 on the 7261A sub

Please check that the pin out on the digital D-sub to XLR multi cable is correct for digital use, instructions found in the 192 manual “pin out diagrams for the DB-25 connectors”, your Digidesign dealer can probably get you the right cable.

Now go to the I/O settings in Pro Tools and assign the outputs so that inputs 1-8 are analog and inputs 9-16 are AES/EBU. Also make sure outputs 1-8 are analog and 9-16 AES/EBU. At this point it should be possible to make a 5.1 master track that has ProTools outputs 11-12 as front left/right, outputs 13-14 as rear left/right and finally outputs 15-16 as center and LFE.

The 7261A sub should be calibrated by using GLM software to 5.1 surround system with subwoofer (digital single wire).

This way it should be possible to connect all wanted equipment with just using a single 192 I/O interface.

Please let us know how it works!

For the admin: I get a message that I don't have clearance to search among the threads. I'm not sure I get the point. Can my staus be changed somehow? It may be that the issue has been covered before.

Are you still having this problem?
dronpy, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 3.11.2011 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi! I have a hd3 setup and have been mixing in the box with one 192 i/o. Recently I bought a toft atb32 and 2 more 192 i/o interfaces. I also purchased an extra d to a and a to d card, giving me 32 analog in, 32 analog out . My question is, now that i am hooking up everything, how do i hook up all 3 192 interfaces.
ilkka-rissanen, muokattu 10 Vuodet sitten.

Yoda Viestejä: 2564 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi! I have a hd3 setup and have been mixing in the box with one 192 i/o. Recently I bought a toft atb32 and 2 more 192 i/o interfaces. I also purchased an extra d to a and a to d card, giving me 32 analog in, 32 analog out . My question is, now that i am hooking up everything, how do i hook up all 3 192 interfaces.

Hi,

What speakers and subwoofer you are using?