Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

utilizing professional monitors in a Home Theater setup.

herman, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

utilizing professional monitors in a Home Theater setup.

Youngling Viestejä: 3 Liittymispäivä: 11.5.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi,

I currently have the following monitors:
1030A x2
1032A x2
1037C x3
7073A x1

The room is about 15' x 30' with 11' ceilings. The room has double walls and is extensively soundproofed as well as accoustically treated. On the one side resides a 140" Stewart Cinecurve screen and the projector is a Runco VX22d with anamorphic lens. Currently installed is a 7.1 phase technology active system.

A budy of mine told me to scrap the phase tech speakers and install the genelecs mentioned above.

The question is if I were to rackmount the above speakers' amplifiers using your kit, would it be a feasible setup? Or would it be overkill? The intention is to use the 1037C as left right center, the 1032A on the middle sides while to 1030A goes towards the rear.

Thanks for your input in advance!!!
1038, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Re: utilizing professional monitors in a Home Theater setup.

Jedi Master Viestejä: 340 Liittymispäivä: 6.4.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Certainly not overkill,

i use 1038's at home, and have specified many systems using 1034's, 1038's and 1037's typically all with HTS6/7073.

You would need to bass manage the system, the 37's would run out of steam. You have not mentioned which surround sound processor you are using. In any case, i would recommend having the 7073 handle all bass management duties. You would need to ensure that NO bass management is happening in the surround processor.

Is your Stewart Screen Micro perf??

Cheers

Steve

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The Stewart Screen is unfortunately not microperf. Its the Studiotek material. I do not have anything to manage the surround system. Do you have any recommendations?

Best regards,
Herman
andreas, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Padawan Viestejä: 61 Liittymispäivä: 8.4.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Herman, my usual vote for a nice surround controller goes towards Lexicon (MC-1 can be bought cheap, the current line is rather expensive, like the acclaimed MC12), Meridian (565/561/568, the current line is quite expensive, like G series or the reference 861), or an Onkyo 886/5507. Had the Onkyo 886. Sound is ok. It essentially is the cheapest and also offers HDMI input/outputs plus new HD film sound formats. On pure stereo sound, I did not find the Onkyo 886 to be fully transparent, maybe the newer 5507 is better. Here a simple Genelec 9000 or SPL pre-amp might be for stereo just as good or better on analogue Genelec speakers, without all the DSP/processing/gizmos... 8-)

Thanks Andreas!! You have PM.
dupe, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 14 Liittymispäivä: 8.5.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
I'd also have a look at the ADA suite 7.1, I'm about to put one in my demo room (once I finish plastering).

Dupe...