Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Problem entering mic serial number and AutoCal question.

dumbo, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Problem entering mic serial number and AutoCal question.

Padawan Viestejä: 78 Liittymispäivä: 20.12.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
I just ran the GLM software for the first time and when it asked me to enter my mic serial number the program wouldn't accept the all 6 numbers (the window where the numbers were entered only allowed 5 numbers)! My mic is #101090 and when I tried to enter this I got as far as 10109 before running out of space. When I entered the last 0 all the other numbers disappeared and all that showed up in the window was 0. I ran the program and didn't get an error message but I'm concerned that the mic was not properly recognized.
It also looks like I'm going to have to move my speakers around quite a bit to minimize a huge Allison suckout I have at around 180 hz. If I run AutoCal again will it overwrite my previous measurements and corrections?
christophe-anet, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Problem entering mic serial number and AutoCal question.

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 188 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello,

Thanks for your comments and feedback.

1. Serial Number.
It seems odd that you were not able to enter the full serial number. The only reason we can think off is that there has been a space character at the beginning. It is difficult to say why Autocal was launched even if no valid serial number was entered. It might be that serial number was registered right but not visually shown right. In any case, the serial number should be re-entered, just in case.

It would be also valuable to us to know which GLM version you are running, and which Operating System is used? Thanks in advance.

2. AutoCal.
The system calibration is saved in the System Setup File. This means, you can retain multiple calibrations by creating one System Setup File for each calibration. There are two alternatives – you run the full system setup several times; or you take a copy (File | Save as…) of your existing setup file and just run the AutoCal in the newly save setup file.

Hope it is clear and helpful.
Best regards,
dumbo, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Problem entering mic serial number and AutoCal question.

Padawan Viestejä: 78 Liittymispäivä: 20.12.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit

1. Serial Number.
It seems odd that you were not able to enter the full serial number. The only reason we can think off is that there has been a space character at the beginning. It is difficult to say why Autocal was launched even if no valid serial number was entered. It might be that serial number was registered right but not visually shown right. In any case, the serial number should be re-entered, just in case.

It would be also valuable to us to know which GLM version you are running, and which Operating System is used? Thanks in advance.

Thanx Christopher,
I'm using version 1.2 with Windows XP.

2. AutoCal.
The system calibration is saved in the System Setup File. This means, you can retain multiple calibrations by creating one System Setup File for each calibration. There are two alternatives – you run the full system setup several times; or you take a copy (File | Save as…) of your existing setup file and just run the AutoCal in the newly save setup file.

Does that mean it will just overwrite if I don't do anything different? (That's what I want. I just want to use the most recent test and calibration without having to try and figure out which one I'm using.)

Ps The "Save" function is very annoying on the posting screen. It never fails. I hit save as a reflex and then can't find the post and have to redo the whole thing. Does anyone else find this annoying.
pkorkman, muokattu 4 Vuodet sitten.

RE: Problem entering mic serial number and AutoCal question.

Youngling Viestejä: 9 Liittymispäivä: 4.1.2013 Viimeisimmät viestit

I have the same problem with cal mic and the GLM software, and there's no space in my line of numbers. When I fill in the last number in my serial, the five first numbers disappear. There is no way for me to make the software accept the full complete cal mic serial number that I can find. This is a problem I have had since day 1 (in 2012) and it is consistent. So far I have assumed the problem is cosmetic, but it would obviously be nice to know.

I use a PC on Windows 7 64 bit. The GLM software is the 1.5.0 version. Advice, suggestions?

Petter

markus-kahelin, muokattu 4 Vuodet sitten.

RE: Problem entering mic serial number and AutoCal question.

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 109 Liittymispäivä: 16.3.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hello Petter!

Just to be 100% sure, the microphone serial number is 6 digits long and does not include the model number "8200A" or "8300A". 

I would strongly recommend that you upgrade your GLM user interface kit to the latest GLM 3 platform, you will get many new features and support for the latest operating systems. GLM 1 platform is no longer supported and no updates will be published for that.

Best Regards, Markus

Genelec Support