Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Question about System Lvl Switches on 8240?

dumbo, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Question about System Lvl Switches on 8240?

Padawan Viestejä: 78 Liittymispäivä: 20.12.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
I just noticed that the 8240 has system level switches to scale down the output. I have 2 questions:
1) is the attenuation of these switches done in the analog domain and if so...
2) can I presume that they are designed so that one can operate the volume control at the higher end of it's range?

I've asked some dumb questions in the past but...

this isn't one of them. In fact knowing the answer to this question is very important to me so that I can set things up for the most accurate playback through as large a range of listening levels as possible. Is there some reason this question is being ignored?
christophe-anet, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Question about System Lvl Switches on 8240?

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 188 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello,

Thanks for your post and question. Please note that no forum questions are being ignored, they are answered as soon as possible.

Regarding the Level DIP switches on the back of the 8240A's, they are just physical interfaces that control the level in the digital domain. All volume controls are done in the digital domain, from the GLM software, with external volume controller (Griffin for example) or via the backpanel Level DIP switches.

Best regards,

Re: Question about System Lvl Switches on 8240?

Thanx,
Sorry. I shouldn't have been rude. I thought maybe you were loosing patience with my questions.