Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Genelec 8030 with 7060 Subw. on Denon DN-A 7100

matthias, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Genelec 8030 with 7060 Subw. on Denon DN-A 7100

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 9.2.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello,

i am planning to build up a Home Cinema setup with 5x 8030´s plus the 7060 Subwoofer, connected to
a Denon Pre amp DN-A 7100, the room size is about 38 sqm.
As I have a pair of 8030´s already :D of course I would like to stay in the family 8-)
Question: Does this combination makes sense ? Ist the room big enough ?
Would you recommend another Pre Amp ?

May be somebody else has the same set up and can share some experiences with me ;)

Thank´s a lot,
kind regards

Matthias
dupe, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Genelec 8030 with 7060 Subw. on Denon DN-A 7100

Youngling Viestejä: 14 Liittymispäivä: 8.5.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Sounds like a good plan, the processor is probably the weak point. The Denon will not decode any of the new Codacs so have a look at the ADA Suie 7.1HD processor or the Onkyo if funds are tight.

Dupe...
nomo, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 1 Liittymispäivä: 8.11.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Sounds like a good plan, the processor is probably the weak point. The Denon will not decode any of the new Codacs so have a look at the ADA Suie 7.1HD processor or the Onkyo if funds are tight.

Dupe...

Ok. But it is not enough that such source (e.g. a new Bluray-player) is able to decode the newer audio formats and send the decoded signal to the preamplifier?

/Daniel
denonjunkie, muokattu 11 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 1 Liittymispäivä: 13.7.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hmm Sounds familiar...

have a Denon DN-AV7100 (brandnew :-) and 2 8030A's...
Because of funds (just spend 3000euro's on Preamp,DVD,2x8030A) I'm thinking of going with 3 (or5) more 8020
and a 7060B. Does that make sense, or is it better to wait and go with just 3 8030A's??