Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Unmatched 1029a

boyhowdy, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Unmatched 1029a

Youngling Viestejä: 9 Liittymispäivä: 12.1.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi Everyone,

I just bought a secondhand pair of 1029a which I am very happy with the performance. I've been using for a couple of mixdowns etc and already feel confident of my work on them. I think I'm going to expand the sytem with the 7050b sub in the near future to get a full broadband set up!

A small problem, or rather an oddity is that the two 1029a units I have have different level outputs. If the left has its volume knob set to 12 o'clock the right has to be set to 3 o'clock to match it's level. Also the right doesn't have any increment notches when you adjust it.

I wonder, does anyone know anything about this at all?

Also, where do I find the serial number?

I hope this is the right place to post this, I've been reading the forum and it seems appropriate.

Thanks in advance,

BH.
christophe-anet, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Unmatched 1029a

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 188 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello,

Thanks for your post. Thanks for purchasing our products and sorry to hear about the unmatched units you have bought.

The adjustment settings and related level difference you report is not normal. A first troubleshooting action would be to check the input signal cables connected to the 1029A's. You should swap the cables, and possibly also replace them with new cables to see if the level adjustment problem continues.

If the problem stays as before, then we advise that you send the faulty unit for service. Concerning the increment in the volume control, some production batch did have that increment and some did not, as we had to change our supplier at some point. However, there is no difference in performance and adjustment range between the volume control with and without increment. Hence, the settings should be identical for L and R speakers to produce the same SPL.

For the serial number location. it is located on the warning sticker on the speaker back panel. Please see the datasheet and the picture of the back panel. http://www.genelec.com/documents/datasheets/DS1029a.pdf

To find the nearest service center, please contact your local distributor: http://www.genelec.com/sales-network/

Hope this is helpful.
Best regards,
boyhowdy, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Unmatched 1029a

Youngling Viestejä: 9 Liittymispäivä: 12.1.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi Christophe,

Thanks for your detailed reply! I've been in touch with the UK distributers to sort this out.

Cheers,

BH