Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Serious (?) problem with one of my HT208's

viciouslyincompetent, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Serious (?) problem with one of my HT208's

Youngling Viestejä: 1 Liittymispäivä: 1.12.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi there, this is my first post and I'm pretty panicked. I just moved to a new house and set up my HT208's. I turn them on and for about 30-40 seconds their fine. After that the right-hand one starts with some 50Hz ground hum which gradually rises in pitch and level until I get really freaked out. I've tried it on all of my power points, with and without a surge-protector. It only happens to the one speaker, they were both working fine before the move and I'm pretty sure they weren't damaged during. Any thoughts?
christophe-anet, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Serious (?) problem with one of my HT208's

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 188 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello,

Thanks for your message and sorry to hear about your HT208 problem. First, and as mentioned in our Forum header, service questions should be sent directly to our distributor's service centers for fast and efficient handling.

Your message has been forwarded to our UK distributor and they are going to contact you personally.
http://www.genelec-ht.com/sales-network ... gdom&area=

We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Best regards,