Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Advice for my sound system

eduardoc, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Advice for my sound system

Youngling Viestejä: 22 Liittymispäivä: 3.11.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi everybody,

I would like to have some advices for my sound system. I already own a pair of Genelec 8040A and I think I will soon add a sub 7060B. My room is a little bit special: 6.6m * 5m (22ft * 17ft) but it can be divided in 2 parts (dining room / lounge) because of the height of the headroom (no physical boundary, just a difference of height). I attach a scheme (lounge.jpg) as it is easier to understand.

Considering the dimensions on my scheme and the distance between me and my speakers can you tell me if you think that my configuration is correct (not undersized for example). I precise that the acoustical axis is at the same height that my ears. I use my sound sytem for listening to music and watching TV.

What do you think of:
- adding a stand (8000-409B) and slightly rotate the speakers toward the floor in order to get the sound coming on me?
- positioning the sub 7060B like it is on the scheme
- other comments?

Thank you for yours answers!

Cédric

cocreatr, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Advice for my sound system

Youngling Viestejä: 6 Liittymispäivä: 16.12.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Assuming you wish to leave the TV where it is, this is likely as good as it gets. If you indicate windows, doors and unmoveable interior items, the community might find other set-ups. Keep the front speakers out of the critical distance to the back wall, NOT within 1.0-2.2m to avoid frequency nulls.

To find a good position for the subwoofer, temporarily put it on your sofa, play bassy material and crawl along the possible positions to find one that sounds clean, with a minimum of resonance. Then put the sub there, and calibrate.