Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

6010a connection problem

laser-karaoke, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

6010a connection problem

Youngling Viestejä: 1 Liittymispäivä: 27.10.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Greetings!

I recently bought a pair of Genelec 6010A monitors to hook up with my 2-channel DJ mixer.

For some reason, I can only hear the left turntable from the left speaker, and the right turntable from the right speaker. Also, the sound from each turntable seems to come from either the left or right channel, respectively.

I don't quite understand how something so simple can go wrong like this, but I hope there's some kind of fix for this.

Here is a list of the connections I'm using, hopefully it helps:

Left turntable --> 2xRCA --> mixer line 1
Right turntable --> 2xRCA --> mixer line 2

Left speaker --> 1xRCA --> mixer's Master Out (left)
Right speaker --> 1xRCA --> mixer's Master Out (right)

Maybe the issue lies somewhere between the turntables and mixer, because if I remove the 'opposite' RCA connection (right channel connection from the left turntable or vice versa) from either turntable, this doesn't affect the sound, i.e. that particular channel is mute.

However, if there is something I've missed when making the connections, or there is a known fix for situations like this, please let me know!
christophe-anet, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Re: 6010a connection problem

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 188 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello!

Thanks for your post. Let's look at you connection scheme first:

Left turntable --> 2xRCA --> mixer line 1
Right turntable --> 2xRCA --> mixer line 2

First, please check that your mixer inputs (both 1 & 2) are Stereo (?). You have a stereo signal coming out of each turntable, left and right, say RCA red and white. So either you have stereo channels in your mixer or you need to use two mixer channels per turntable, one for left, one for right.... In that case you may have to assign the channel in the mixer like: ch1 left, ch2 right (=for left turntable ), then ch3 left, ch4 right (= for right turntable).... So that channel 1 and 3 go to master output left, and channel 2 and 4 go to master output right!....

Left speaker --> 1xRCA --> mixer's Master Out (left)
Right speaker --> 1xRCA --> mixer's Master Out (right)

Now, here from the mixer master outputs, the connection is correct. Master out left onto the left speaker and the same for the right channel.

Your problem looks quite simple to de-bug.
Hope the above is clear ahd helpful.

Best regards,