Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Auditorium Stage Acoustic Parameter ST1

curlytop2005, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Auditorium Stage Acoustic Parameter ST1

Youngling Viestejä: 1 Liittymispäivä: 9.9.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello,
I am an engineering technology student. I am working on an acoustics design project. We are looking at the objective support parameter ST1. I realize since Gade first introduced it, it has been modified (STearly, STlate, STtotal). My question is: Does anyone know what a positive (+dB) ST1 value means? In the reference I have (Barron, Auditorium Acoustics and Architectural Design) it shows that support decreases as it gets more negative. It shows support as a function of platform volume for multiple auditoriums, and all their values for ST are negative. It also states that objective support values between -13 and -11 dB are optimal.

We have analyzed our Impulse Response data using WinMLS 2004, and it is showing all our ST1 values to be positive. The average for the mid-frequencies (250-2000 Hz) was 6.1 dB. I am not sure how to interpret these results. What does a positive support value mean?

Does support increase as it gets less negative (toward 0 dB) and then decrease again once you cross 0 dB (into positive values)?

The stage in question does not have an orchestral shell in place, so I know that the objective support values should be low, compared to what they "should" be.

Any info on this subject would be much appreciated! Thanks!