Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

[SOLVED] 8020A Ground hum (or what else?)

pascal2000, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

[SOLVED] 8020A Ground hum (or what else?)

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 30.8.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello,

I bought in France a pair of Genelec 8020A speakers in August 2007. They worked just perfect when I was in Paris. Just great for my mixes.

Now I live in São Paulo, Brazil and have the following problem: my speakers produce a very low hum which is certainly a lack of grounding. I connected the grounding plug from the speakers to that of the main plug, but in vain. I also tried to link it directly to a hose or radiator valves (which would connect with the "land) but without any success.

Is this linked to the local voltage: 110V? Or is there a there a way to remove this "hum"? Even if I lose in sound quality?

Thank you very much if you can help me, I can't use my speakers because of this problem and it's very frustrating.

Pascal
pascal2000, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Re: 8020A Ground hum (or what else?)

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 30.8.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Problem solved. The culprit was the main voltage. It HAS to be 220v. I bought a 110V to 220V transformer for each speaker and the hum went away. Be careful to use more than 50W per speaker.

Thanks to the help from Genelec people.

Pascal