Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Genelec 1031A's Tweeter Stop Working!!

artisound, muokattu 13 Vuodet sitten.

Genelec 1031A's Tweeter Stop Working!!

Youngling Viestejä: 1 Liittymispäivä: 29.7.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi Everyone,
This evening, during a normal listening of a song, the tweeter of one of my Genelec 1031A stop working and there is no way to turn back after a few minutes with the power turned off.

I bought this used monitors 4 mounth ago, and now I have a problem yet, but I really don't know what's the origin of it.

Can anyone help me understand what's happens? Anyone have an idea about the problem occurred?

Thanks a lot
Davide Doretto
ArtiSound Studio
www.artisound.it
christophe-anet, muokattu 13 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Genelec 1031A's Tweeter Stop Working!!

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 188 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hello,

Thanks for your post and question. In general, service issues should be directly addressed to the distributor/service centre of your country for fast and efficient handling of servicing.

There are a number of possibilities for a tweeter to go wrong, and it is quite impossible to provide any diagnostic without measuring and checking the unit thoroughly. Calibrated replacement drivers are still available from us, so I suggest that you contact our Italian distributor and their service center for further assistance.

http://www.genelec.com/sales-network/?c ... rea=Europe

Best regards,