Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

George Lucas Genelec system?

genactive, muokattu 13 Vuodet sitten.

George Lucas Genelec system?

Youngling Viestejä: 5 Liittymispäivä: 1.4.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
I was told at a Genelec product training session, that George Lucas has a Genelec system for his private screening room. Companies like B&W, M&K ect. certainly pump themselves up with this sort of publicity so why not Genelec? This was a few years ago that I heard this so maybe George has something else by now. Anyhow can you elaborate on this system or any other high profile client? Powerful sales tool if anything else.

Thanks,

Marc
andreas, muokattu 13 Vuodet sitten.

Re: George Lucas Genelec system?

Padawan Viestejä: 61 Liittymispäivä: 8.4.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
You know what system exactly ? Usually it's a matter of money, to get permission to use certain valuable facts for advertisment, at least that is what I would guess. Once his films will get back to the rough and deep inner emotion his old 3 Star Wars films had, known now as Episode 4 to 6 (the old untreated versions), I would start to really care. Unless then I would have assumed, looking at the new 3 films, that he is really listening/watching on B+W :twisted:
genactive, muokattu 13 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 5 Liittymispäivä: 1.4.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Apparently 1034's up front. Rears & sub not known. I would assume it would be 7073/HTS6 for sub. I do remember the conversation at the training session ending with a statement that Genelec was not in the business of giving away product for free for any type of advertising & that every system out there was payed for. It was Genelec (A.G.)that mentioned George had a system but not much was ever made of it. Also the owner of EB sports (video games) has a 1034 based system as well. Owner of Escient has 1036 based system. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that a little name dropping once & a while could be a good thing. LoL at your comments on latest episodes.
christophe-anet, muokattu 13 Vuodet sitten.

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 188 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Thanks for your post and question. On the endorsement issue, you have correctly noticed that Genelec does not use such tools in its marketing campaign, but it is very true that the landscape of Genelec owners is a fertile territory with quite many industry notables.

With respect to the users, Genelec remains consistent in its marketing methodology to subscribe to the owners privacy and only if users openly offer would we even consider using their names in some official marketing campaign.

Best regards,