Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Question about new models coming

genactive, muokattu 13 Vuodet sitten.

Question about new models coming

Youngling Viestejä: 5 Liittymispäivä: 1.4.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Is the 8260 a replacement for the 1032? If not will there be a new 10" woofer 8000 series 2 way?
Will there be a new S30E? I thought for sure we may have seen something especially with the anniversary.

Thanks for this forum, as I am a huge Genelec fan.

Marc Leger
christophe-anet, muokattu 13 Vuodet sitten.

Re: Question about new models coming

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 188 Liittymispäivä: 23.3.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Dear Mark Leger,

Thanks for your post and question. Glad to hear you are one of our fan and welcome on our forum!

As a general note, premature announcements of future product discontinuations are not recommendable for either the manufacturer or the customer. Any viable product line evolves in time. Some developments such as component updates may be totally unnoticeable to the user, bigger changes appear as new versions, and still bigger steps bring new replacement products or additions to the line. The available products in the product plan are valid products. Our products have long life times - they last long and stay also long in the product portfolio. We are also committed to supporting them long after stopping deliveries, so there is no reason for uncertainty about them. Guesswork is not good either - eventually the customers' choices and needs form the product lines.

The preview of our new 8260A is not a message of any plans to replace the 1032A, which enjoys constant and stable success. It rather completes the product line with a compact 3-way which has been lacking since the discontinuation of the S30D, which is not planned to re-enter the range. When we introduce something new, we always wish to bring substantial and unique contribution to our customers and to the industry. This is why we have developed the 8260A DSP system with our proprietary cutting edge technology.

We continue our research and development all the time and are very willing to hear customer needs to help us focus our efforts. The results appear in the product introductions when we have done our share for a specific product - but the work never stops!

Best regards,
genactive, muokattu 13 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 5 Liittymispäivä: 1.4.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Thank you for your reply.

I currently own a pair of 8050's and when budget allows I will get another for centre channel duties. My dream system , well realistic dream, would be the new 8260 x 3 upfront with my 8050 in back. What will really end up happening is: 3x 8050 plus 2 x 8040. I love the 7071 sub ,as I have installed it in a theatre system with 1037's. Tremendous sub that really should get more attention in my opinion. However if budget does not allow for the big 7071 I may go Danley, Seaton or build something myself.

I understand what your saying about releasing sensitive info in such a competitive market. All of my audio/theatre friends thought I was a bit crazy going with "pro active spkrs" but I have never been happier with my decision to go with what I consider to be the best. Oh yes the dream system would have to be 7 x 1036 with 4 or 5 x 7073. And the proper room to go with it.

thanks again,

Marc
andreas, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Padawan Viestejä: 61 Liittymispäivä: 8.4.2009 Viimeisimmät viestit
Hi Anet,

any news ? By when can you tell earliest more details on the 8260 and about it's availability or just show more pictures ? 8-)
christophe-anet, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Dear Andreas,

Thanks for your post. We will be able to release more information about our upcoming 8260A DSP model during the summer months. We will post information on the Forum as soon as we are ready!

See you soon for exciting news!
Best regards,
christophe-anet, muokattu 12 Vuodet sitten.

Dear Community Members,

Please find some exciting news about the launch of the 8260A in the following post:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75

See you all in Amsterdam!

GENELEC

Sales & Marketing Team