Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

8330 not retaining VOLUME PRESET

ericseaberg, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

8330 not retaining VOLUME PRESET

Youngling Viestejä: 3 Liittymispäivä: 27.6.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

I just updated to the latest version of SAM last night and will check my 8330s when I get home.  With the previous version of SAM, all EQ was being stored within each individual monitor but they wouldn't remember my preset volume of -12dB in STANDALONE MODE.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this.  Thanks...

markus-kahelin, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

RE: 8330 not retaining VOLUME PRESET

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 109 Liittymispäivä: 16.3.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hi!

If you use the command in the Group menu -> Store Current Group Settings at Current Level to SAM Monitors

This stores all settings, also the volume control fader position. Then when you unplug the GLM control network and reboot the speakers, they are running in Standalone Mode and should have the stored volume setting also. The only exception to this is, if you run the GLM USB interface connected to a power supply and have the wired or wireless volume control in use, in this case the volume control overrides the stored setting. 

Best Regards, Markus

Genelec Support Team

ericseaberg, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 3 Liittymispäivä: 27.6.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Thanks for the reply, but I just tried it again and it's still not happy.  Typically, I have the 8330s 'sleep' after a couple of hours but just powered them off and the saved level wasn't recalled.

I've done the same setup at our studios... we've got multiple rooms with S30D, 1030 and 1031 w/ sub, 1037c, 8020 Espresso, 8240 5.1 (controlroom and remote HDTV truck), but the 8330s are my personal monitors at home.  I've not had this problem with any other 8xxx series using the new software, so was surprised when this didn't work.

As soon as I plugin the interface, the levels pop up to where they should be.

is there anything else I can try?  Thanks!

I think I found it!  I need to save settings at CURRENT level (-12dB) then make sure SETUP/STORE CURRENT LEVEL is set to '0'dB.  That seemed to solve it!  Thanks!

jani-oksanen, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Jedi Master Viestejä: 449 Liittymispäivä: 30.3.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hi,

Glad to hear that you solved the problem, please let us know if you notice any other issues.

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Factory Service Team