Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Output level chromecast audio

ps01, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Output level chromecast audio

Youngling Viestejä: 3 Liittymispäivä: 6.7.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

i have connected my chromecast audio to two 6010s. The ouput level from chromecast is way to loud för the speakers. i've looked into the 9000A but cannot really figure out if that's a valid solution. Has anyone experienced the same problem?

If I go for speakers in the G series, would I be facing the same problem?

hako, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

RE: Output level chromecast audio

Youngling Viestejä: 16 Liittymispäivä: 5.8.2014 Viimeisimmät viestit

Have you got full dynamic range enabled? Maybe you could try disabling it.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6290498?hl=en

Disabling full dynamic range solves the issue with the high level ouput. But on the other hand destroys the music, since it's compressed and low res.
markus-kahelin, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Jedi Knight Viestejä: 109 Liittymispäivä: 16.3.2010 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hi!

9000A can be used to lower the level. Did you already turn down (counterclockvise) the level trim on your 6010s?

Best Regards, Markus

Genelec Support Team

Markus Kahelin:

Hi!

9000A can be used to lower the level. Did you already turn down (counterclockvise) the level trim on your 6010s?

Best Regards, Markus

Genelec Support Team

Thank's! Yes it was not enough with the level trim. I'm thinking of order a pair of the G-series for another room, also connected through chromecast. Will I have the same problem with the Gs as with the 6010s?

jani-oksanen, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Jedi Master Viestejä: 449 Liittymispäivä: 30.3.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hi,

G One (A/B) have the same sensitivity as 6010's, so you would have to deal with the same problem related to Chromecast. I don't have experience on     Chromecast systems, but as Markus suggested 9000A would help with this problem!

Also another option would be 8320A, where you can adjust and calibrate the volume through our GLM™ software. After the calibration and adjustmens,    you can store the settings to the monitors.

Br,
Jani Oksanen
Factory Service Team

hako, muokattu 5 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 16 Liittymispäivä: 5.8.2014 Viimeisimmät viestit
Jani Oksanen:

Hi,

G One (A/B) have the same sensitivity as 6010's, so you would have to deal with the same problem related to Chromecast. I don't have experience on     Chromecast systems, but as Markus suggested 9000A would help with this problem!

Also another option would be 8320A, where you can adjust and calibrate the volume through our GLM™ software. After the calibration and adjustmens,    you can store the settings to the monitors.

Br,
Jani Oksanen
Factory Service Team

Would GLM reallly help if Chromecast overdrives the input of the Genelecs? Will GLM change the input sensitivity too?

Edit: yes, it does have input sensitivity control too.