Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Genelec 8330AWM vs 8340

jan123, muokattu 4 Vuodet sitten.

Genelec 8330AWM vs 8340

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 22.7.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hello

I am new to this forum and i write this because i need some advice, regarding which monitors to purchase.

I would just right on out buy the 8330AWM because they are white, come with the GLM mic, and other stuff as a bundle, and buy the woofer to match.

I calculated this would be cheaper then to buy the 8340 in black with a GLM software (not a bundle)

However i am aware that this is a big and once in a lifetime purchase, and i previously read that a 2.0 system is better then a 2.1 system.

I would of course benefit from the woofers better response, and since i am a bit in between flats right now i cant treat the room im in, but in the future i dont expensct to get any bigger room.

I am a bedroom producer and am curently trying to get professional gear, and monitors is my last purchase.

I produce mainly rap, and urban styles.

Would be great to hear at least something about this topic since i dont want to mess this purchase up, i buy once and thats it, plus i like the AWM models.. 8330 bundle with woofer would be cheaper, better looking, better response, and in general what i would buy, please some opinions?

soundwave, muokattu 4 Vuodet sitten.

RE: Genelec 8330AWM vs 8340

Youngling Viestejä: 12 Liittymispäivä: 17.7.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

I would buy the 8340s, since I have never had any good experiences with matching a sub to the speakers for music listening. If I would watch movies, then I would go with the sub. Having said that, the GLM might just calibrate and match 7350 sub to the 8330s perfectly.

How about order both sets from Thomann.de, try them out for 14 days and return the other for free? I would do this.

jan123, muokattu 4 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 22.7.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

I am posting this unfortunately in the pro audio section, since im not planning to purchase monitors for entertainemnt but for professional audio mixing and production.

Thanks for you idea's though.

Still waiting for an answer.

jani-oksanen, muokattu 4 Vuodet sitten.

Jedi Master Viestejä: 449 Liittymispäivä: 30.3.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Sorry for late reply!

Where are you located at? If you are unsure which option you want, it would be good if you could listen to these monitors before buying. You can find our distributors and some of our dealers from link below, and you can ask them if it is possible to listen to these monitors at their shops before buying.

https://www.genelec.com/where-buy

If 8330A's 104 dB SPL is enough for you, and you think it would suite to your room better I would go with them. You can either buy the subwoofer with them, or you can buy the 8330A's first and then add a subwoofer if needed.  

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Factory Service Team