Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

8020c woofer goes off and on.

heartheroar, muokattu 4 Vuodet sitten.

8020c woofer goes off and on.

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 13.11.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

France

Focusrite scarlett 2i4

Windows 7

REAPER

Hi everybody,

I tried to find answers everywhere on this forum or on other forums before asking here.

I got a pair of new 8020c monitors. On one monitor, the woofer is going off and on, when the level is high (from the audio interface or with the volume control on the 8020). I found that it is going away especially when there is a lot of low frequencies (bass synths, bass, kick drum)

Thank you,

(Sorry for poor english)

Long live Genelec,

Baptiste.

jani-oksanen, muokattu 4 Vuodet sitten.

RE: 8020c woofer goes off and on.

Jedi Master Viestejä: 449 Liittymispäivä: 30.3.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hi Baptiste,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. I would recommend first to change monitor positions, and see if the fault follows the speaker or could it be related to cables or sound source. If the fault is confirmed to be on monitor, please contact our distributor and authorized service in France. You can find their contact information below:

Audiopole S.A.

Montevrain - Marne la ValleeFrance

AddressZAC de la Charbonnière, 22 rue Édouard Buffard, 77771
Tel01 6054 3200
Emailmarketing@audiopole.fr
wwwhttp://www.audiopole.fr

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Factory Service Team

heartheroar, muokattu 4 Vuodet sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 2 Liittymispäivä: 13.11.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hello everybody,

I come back here to tell you this issue was a PCB problem. After getting in touch with my local dealer, they send it for free to Audiopole, the french authorized service who can repair genelec products. Monitors came back with everything ok, the whole process took less than a month, serious work!

So I'm happy again with these monitors, don't get dejected about this kind of issue.

Thanks to Jani Oksanen for answering quickly, and thanks to Genelec for their professionnal netwok allowing customers to get satisfied with their products.

Sorry for my poor english again,

Best regards,

Baptiste.

huilopanich, muokattu 1 Vuosi sitten.

Youngling Viestejä: 1 Liittymispäivä: 28.11.2020 Viimeisimmät viestit

I know this thread is more than 3 years old but I am experiencing the same issues with the 8020c woofer and I do not know how to fix that. Probably I will need to ask someone from my work on how to fix that issue also my friend told me that he can fix that by creating a new prototype circuit board that will fix the problem but I am afraid that warranty will not work anymore if we will try to fix something by ourselves. And I am currently outside the US and the warranty works just in the USA and I do not know what to do as I do not know how much longer I will e outside the US.