Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Keskusteluryhmät

Different finishes in M040 enclosure

qcabrera, muokattu 4 Vuodet sitten.

Different finishes in M040 enclosure

Youngling Viestejä: 1 Liittymispäivä: 20.12.2015 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hello:

I just purchased a pair of M040 monitors that were sold by an official distributor as demo products. According to their serial numbers, they were manufactured on 06/13 and 08/13.

One of them has a strange finish in its NCE (Natural Composite Enclosure) and is not completely black matte (similar to a marble-like finish in shades of gray). I even thought this might be dirt or the effect of water, but looking at the manual and some internet pictures, I see that some of the M040s out there have this finish.

My question is:

¿Are they similar in every other aspect? The difference is subtle and I paid a good price for them, so if they are properly matched (they seem like it) I would keep them.

Thanks

jani-oksanen, muokattu 4 Vuodet sitten.

RE: Different finishes in M040 enclosure

Jedi Master Viestejä: 449 Liittymispäivä: 30.3.2017 Viimeisimmät viestit

Hello, and sorry for late reply!

There have been matt black and pattern enclosures for M030/M040. Even if your enclosures looks different, the performance is the same on both monitors and they can be used together.

Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Factory Service Team