Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

8040B and 7350A

hetan, modified 3 Years ago.

8040B and 7350A

Youngling Posts: 3 Join Date: 11/30/16 Recent Posts

Hi,

I'm a master student in an art university and I'm trying to use the stuff they bought correctly, even though they probably got it wrong in the begining.

So they bought a few Genelecs, those which are available to me are a pair of 8040B and a 7350A subwoofer. Now to the question of why they bought a SAM serie I still have not the answer, since there is no other SAM monitors available in the university's shop (only the old 103x and a few 8020). Also they didn't get the GLM controller so there is no way to set up the sub even manually (right ?). 

I'm setting up a listening environnment (not a studio), it doesn't need to be perfectly calibrated, but do you have any advice on how I could set it up correctly (dBU on the 8040 ?) ? I will be doing some test with a measurment microphone next week and REW. 

Thank you

Antoine

manutal, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: 8040B and 7350A

Jedi Knight Posts: 180 Join Date: 4/25/14 Recent Posts

Hard to say without more info of the room but here is a setup guide for the 7050c. Will work with the 7350 also, but I strongly recommend to get the GLM 2.0 adapter for setting up a better response for the subwoofer with Autocal/Autophase. I also pasted the Quick setup guide for the 8040's. Hope this helps.

https://www.genelec.com/sites/default/files/media/Studio%20monitors/7000%20Series%20Studio%20Monitors/7050C/7050c_quick_setup_guide.pdf

https://www.genelec.com/sites/default/files/media/Studio%20monitors/8000%20Series%20Studio%20Monitors/8040B/qs8040a_8050a.pdf