Genelec Community Forum has been archived

Thank you for all the years of Community discussions and activity!

The time has come for us to retire the community forums, but we will keep everything available for reading. There is a lot of valuable content written over the years, and you'll be able to access all of that. However, no new posts can be written, or old posts modified.

If you have questions, we recommend you use the Support function on the bottom right corner to contact our Customer Support directly.

Alternatively, if you wish to engage in a community discussion with other people, there are many active forums available. There is also an active, fan managed GENELEC COMMUNITY in Facebook, and many Genelec employees are active in the discussions there.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience this may cause you, but we hope to hear from you through the other channels mentioned above.

Genelec Support

Message Boards

Calibration stuck on “Optimizing SAM system window” (GLM 3.1.0)

soundspeed, modified 3 Years ago.

Calibration stuck on “Optimizing SAM system window” (GLM 3.1.0)

Youngling Posts: 0 Join Date: 10/31/18 Recent Posts
Hello,
 
I have a pair of Genelec 8340A speakers and I recently upgraded the GLM software from 2.1 to 3.1. I’m able to get to the calibration test, but ultimately it gets stuck on the “Optimizing SAM system” window. I’ve left it for hours, also tried re-performing the test after re-starting, but nothing seems to work. I am using OSX 10.9.5 and my loudspeaker kit is type 8300-601 and my microphone is #20260. I purchased the until in late 2016. 
 
I don’t know what the problem could be. Is it because I still have the GLM 2.1 software installed? Or maybe my Genelec adapter is out-of-date, but the website states adapter kit 8300-601 should work fine. I did try performing a calibration test today on the GLM 2.1 software and it worked fine.
 
Any help would be appreciated.
 
Thank you-
ruudvanrijen, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Calibration stuck on “Optimizing SAM system window” (GLM 3.1.0)

Youngling Posts: 0 Join Date: 2/7/19 Recent Posts

Hi, I have the same problem here. Bought the 8351a. 

My first callibration with the old 2,1version works fine.

When download the 3.1 version it doesn't work anynore on my main computer. I tryed throw away the old version an install the new one again also didn't work.

When I installed it on a different computer the 3.1 works fine. And the callibration did work.

I use mac OS 10.12.2 on all my macs

Kind regards

Ruud

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

jani-oksanen, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Calibration stuck on “Optimizing SAM system window” (GLM 3.1.0)

Jedi Master Posts: 449 Join Date: 3/30/17 Recent Posts
ruudvanrijen:

Hi, I have the same problem here. Bought the 8351a. 

My first callibration with the old 2,1version works fine.

When download the 3.1 version it doesn't work anynore on my main computer. I tryed throw away the old version an install the new one again also didn't work.

When I installed it on a different computer the 3.1 works fine. And the callibration did work.

I use mac OS 10.12.2 on all my macs

Kind regards

Ruud

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello,


Anyone having this kind of problem, please contact us at support@genelec.com and we are glad to help further.


Best Regards,
Jani Oksanen
Customer Support Team

 

aur-meister, modified 3 Years ago.

RE: Calibration stuck on “Optimizing SAM system window” (GLM 3.1.0)

Youngling Posts: 0 Join Date: 5/3/19 Recent Posts

i have the same issue.

as i can see, it's a problem with the mfc library - but i did't try to fix it, i switched to a mac for setup.
(seen in windows application log - while optimizing a 8330 2.0 setup, there were two error entries like this)

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: stereo.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x55800037
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: MFC71.DLL, Version: 7.10.3077.0, Zeitstempel: 0x3e77fdfd
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000356b4
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2018
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d500fb04ed820b
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\XXX\Genelec\GLMv3\DSP\stereo.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Genelec\GLMv3\DSP\Lib\v74\bin\win32\MFC71.DLL
Berichtskennung: b0ffecd5-e270-43f9-a7b7-0d647209d5e9
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

After optimizing the system on mac, i opend the saved glm config on windows without any problems..

Maybe this helps for bugfixing.

Regards,

 

AuR